Problem with Cumulative Update for IE8 (IE8-WindowsXP-KB2925418-x86-ENU) March 11

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by darkrats, Mar 11, 2014.

1. darkrats

darkrats MDL Junior Member

Dec 16, 2012
    #1 darkrats, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    I just tried to run the latest cumulative update for IE8 on XPSP3 and crashed my system (blue screen), then it went to a memory dump, restarted and did a check of each partition before booting to Windows. Doing a restore from my backup and will then try it again. In the meantime, wanted to ask if anyone else has had a problem with it?

I'll try again once my computers back up properly.

-------------------------------------------

Well, did a couple of restores followed by running the latest patch, only to again get BSOD, Memory Dump, CheckDisk, and Reboot.

Checked the event log but could only see the following that refers to the problem:

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0x00000000, 0xb859fc10, 0xb859f90c). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP."

I guess I'll hold off including this update in my next ghosted copy of C drive, until I see some feedback from any others with similar experiences.

Hope someone can offer an idea as to what's going on.

Note: In all other aspects my system runs flawlessly.

:confused:

2. user_hidden

user_hidden MDL Expert

Dec 18, 2007
    nothing wrong with the hotfix, works perfectly on numerous workstations here

3. darkrats

darkrats MDL Junior Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Not sure what the problem was/is.
    Downloaded the update again and installed okay.
    This was after 4 attempts ended in failure.

Computers are weird.