Problem with inserting 3.5 HDD into Win 8.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by ductiena12, Nov 25, 2012.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    What's the problem with you? couldn't accept that other users having success with something you don't or even don't know about? And even than, there wouldn't be any point for to get mad!

We all having different experiences, special with computers. That didn't means that one know everything better than those who have done such which he didn't! The way you answer, not only to my post's also to others, is often everything but appropriate to tell at least.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DariusIII

DariusIII MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    I'll try to hel the OP, check in disk management if yout HDD has an assigned letter. If the HDD does not have an letter, assign one to it.

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. DemonoidMaster

DemonoidMaster MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2011
    #24 DemonoidMaster, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    Ok, so seriously.. you think an app can miraculously degauss a HDD ? moron, 1- magnets CAN and always WILL destroy HDD's. 2- An app cannot magicaly spur out a magnetic field that would magicaly fix your HDD.

/thread

PS: here, to prove your stupidity and ignorance
    garner-products°com/harddrive°htm

5. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    Come on fellas you can do better here to help the OP .. Just sayin :biggrin:

6. sps

sps MDL Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Same problem here, even with SSD's. I think hotplugging does not work as it did with win7

7. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    #27 Shenj, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Just as a last answer to all those who thinking: "It can not be, what should not be" and their flaming an harassing answers in this thread:

1.: HDD Regenerator 2011 by Dmitriy Primochenko
    2.: DRevitalize by P. Ulaszewski

This are 2 Apps which doing an repair and damaged sectors on HDD's which are still able to spin up and recognized by the computers BIOS. Using an method of degaussing the damaged Sectors/Clusters without to delete existing data.

Please take a look at the Internet how those Apps are working. I'm not willing to do or explain anything more because of the ignorance of members of this forum that there is something out in the "wild" which they didn't understand and also never even tested. Hopefully those ignorant people will get such problems with their system and such Apps will teach them a lesson.

I do understand that most (if not all) of those ignorant members are using Free or Pirated (therefore free) stuff mainly and those software mentioned are NOT free, that's Payware!

Sorry to all who not thinking like those ignorant people, this post is just the result of that accusing, harassing and flaming answers of that ignorant members!

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  10. bachett

bachett MDL Novice

May 31, 2007
    i had same issue and this was how i had it fix after :wallbash:

go to power options in control panel, click on choose what power buttons do on the left, click on change settings that are currently unavailable, uncheck turn on fast startup and save changes

11. Johnny222

Johnny222 MDL Novice

Apr 12, 2012
    I think the key question for this thread is does the Adaptac 2940 Controller and/or its driver support hot-plugging?

12. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #33 pisthai, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    I don't think that were the question.
    But just to answer this question of your, an Adaptec 2940 supports Hot Plug, the answer is: NO!

Fact is that I told that I use an 40GB 15 years old drive and it's precisely and 36.4 GB SCSI drive running on an Adaptec 2940 Controller.

While using an SCSI HDD, that HDD need to be fully connected before starting the computer for to be able to get access. Even if you have some old IDE HDD you could start and access that HDD after the computer were started and Windows run, SCSI Drives couldn't.
    The way to get access to an IDE or SATA HDD after Windows run, is quite easy. Connect that HDD with Power and Data Cable, wait up to a minute, open the Device Manager of Windows, expand Disk drives, Right Click on Disk drives, click on Scan for Hardware changes and wait for the HDD to show up. Most likely you didn't need to assign a Drive Letter, but every time.