problem with motherboard and cpu

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by anima, Feb 17, 2011.

1. ippytattoo

ippytattoo MDL Senior Member

Jul 17, 2008
    If F8I bios is the most current (newest date) update then it will contain all previous changes made to the bios by the manufacturer (F4, F5 etc.). Many times a bios "bug" is not detected by the manufacturer right away because it only shows up with certain hardware configurations. If you feel comfortable with flashing your bios and notice you have some kind of bug then it is definitely a good idea to update your bios. Many times this will correct alot of "odd things" happening.

On a side noteDaz loader is a very safe and reliable activation method, so be confident that you will have success with activating your windows. If you are not experienced with bios recovery or comfortable with bios flashing then this is the method that I would recommend as there is always a certain amount of risk when flashing your bios.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. anima

anima MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2011
    i read somewhere(dont even remember where cause i read lots of stuff lately) that a recovery method in case something goes wrong is to save my bios through the bios itself and if something goes wrong to load it from the bios again.If anyone undestands what i am trying to say plz explain how to do so..

3. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    that's called making a backup
    and yes, it usually works

4. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Your board has a dual bios it won't crash that easily. If the update wasn't good then it will restore the backup bios. On your board the F8I is a beta bios I wouldn't use that, F7 would be better. Also once you have the update on there and it's ok, run it for about week. When you're sure it's stable you can copy the main bios onto the backup using ALT + F12 before the first bios boot screen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. anima

anima MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2011
    #25 anima, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
    (OP)
    ok then i shall update my bios to F7.I downloaded the bios from the site of gigabyte and i have 3 things....autoexec FLASHSPI and ma79xds5.f7.
    now i should put these 3 to a usb stick?Should the stick have some specifications cause in the manual i read that Q-Flash only supports USB flash drive or hard drives using FAT32/16/12 file system.

6. woebetide

woebetide MDL Member

May 28, 2007
    Format usb fat32:)

7. anima

anima MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2011
    how to format it and how to restore it later to its original state??????

8. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    download the HP USB formatter tool.... use google
    just copy what you got on the drive onto your hard drive, then format the flash drive... when you're done with all that stuff, "restore" it by copying the stuff back onto it

or you can just format a bootable floppy and put the bios and flasher onto it instead.... if you have a floppy drive that is

9. woebetide

woebetide MDL Member

May 28, 2007
    Maybe it's already fat32.
    In explorer, right click on your USB drive letter, select properties ...>file system.
    Copy the ma79xds5.f7 file to usb (no need to copy the other files)
    Start computer , enter bios... under Tools..>EZ flash
    Select the ma79xds5.f7 ( in left panel you can select the usb drive) and flash.

if you are not shure, keep reading the manual!

10. anima

anima MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2011
    #30 anima, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
    (OP)
    i updated the bios to F7 and i think i did it corectly.My problem with the cpu is fixed for now i dont know if it will come back with the next reboot.
    But now all of a sudden when i open my computer there is a floppy disk named A.I dont have a floppy disk though.????????????????

what happened?????????

also i noticed that although i have 4 gb of ram it says 3 gb usable....why?

11. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    your CMOS settings probably got reset to default and floppy drive got enabled in the settings
    go in and check all of your settings and disable/enable anything you need

I believe sysinfo can show you what bios version you have also... so you can use that to check
    otherwise, pay attention to your bootup screen... use the pause button on your keyboard to "freeze" the screen if it goes by too fast