Problem with removeWAT

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Elliott, Jun 21, 2010.

1. shanusmarty

shanusmarty MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2010
    the details in loader are
    Details: HPQOEM -(04/18/08 - V2.1)
    i have uninstalled Kb971033

2. Elliott

Elliott MDL Junior Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!! My computer is Genuine!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna thank all of you: Urie, MasterDisaster, timesurfer, and daz! I have just added to all of your reputations! I am soo damn happy!

3. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    Damn!!!!!, it was just sfc /scannow and this thread dragged for a week.

Anyway congrats :yeahyeah:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Are you talking about Elliott, Really glad he got it sorted.

Some more info please did he have slic 2.1 in bios or was slic 2.1 added with SmartMarks or as you said sfc /scannow just corrupt files :(

5. bluealien

bluealien MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Yes please, more info would be much appreciated. For future reference.

6. Elliott

Elliott MDL Junior Member

Jun 21, 2010
    well i think the smartmarks and key whatever solution was what fixed my computer cuz i said i would be back later before i tried the other methods cuz i had to go out and eat with my family but my laptop shut down. I just started it backup today cuz i have been to busy for internet time and when i started it up i noticed i didnt get the non-genuine startup messages so i checked computer>properties and it said windows is activated so it must've been the smartmarks

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Well that is not good news, i thought you would have removed smartmarks and then done sfc /scannow to see if system files had been sorted and done MGADiag report you maybe activated but you are back to square one. we still don't know if you have slic 2.1 in your bios and your machine does come with it. You really need permanent solution so you can just put in OEM:SLP dvd and you activate if your system gets corrupted again you have to do it all over again.

8. bluealien

bluealien MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    #168 bluealien, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
    @ elliott > I have to agree with urie. It would have been ideal if you had removed all types of activation including smartmarks prior to sfc /scannow, that would have presented a clearer picture as to what the problem was initially. But since it's ok now, I'd leave it as it is. But use eRecovery from the start menu and create a restore dvd while you can. Just to be ready in case you encounter some problems later on. Anway, thanks for your response.

*if it's not too much to ask, now that it is working fine, an mgadiag report and slic toolkit screenshot would help people understand a little more about the problem you encountered. But not necessary if you are busy. Thanks.

9. shanusmarty

shanusmarty MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2010
    tried.. but it fails

10. shanusmarty

shanusmarty MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2010
    well.. i m going for fresh clean installation,, so i can format the drive thru windows installation only or do i need to do something else ?

11. chrissyong

chrissyong MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2010
    daz u done a great job your are totally success,best loader in the world,all is working!!! hate ms ^__^

12. lkok

lkok MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2009
    Shift+f10 command
    super command net user