Problem with SONY VAIO

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by akritasge, Jan 31, 2011.

1. akritasge

akritasge MDL Member

May 25, 2007
    :( Windows 7 drivers kit for PCG-71213M SONY VAIO laptop is wanted.
    Any help will be welcome.

Thanks in advance

2. idsk

idsk MDL Junior Member

Aug 25, 2009
    i think better to give the model name written on the sticker under the screen, not the model number behind the laptop :)

but if windows 7 drivers are not officially provided by Sony, you will need to take each unreconized drivers and search proper driver by searching its vid&pid on google
    and if you want those utilities like OSD and keyboard shortcuts, try to find another model of the same type (for eg if ur model is vgn-fsXXX, find another fs) compatible with vista/seven

i did the same with my vgn-fs315, and all drivers were found, osd and shortcut are working, except aero cant be activated because of the graphic card is too old

3. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    99% of the time, vista drivers work... if the laptop came with vista, it is almost guaranteed to work

4. akritasge

akritasge MDL Member

May 25, 2007

The mansioned laptop has come with Windows 7 Premium. It is in local language and I want to turn it into English, by reinstalling the OS.

5. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    so go to sony's website and download the drivers... it should be on the website

or, use anytime upgrade to upgrade your 7 to ultimate, then install the english language pack... that's the fastest, easiest, most painless way