Problems activating Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by grioghair, Jan 1, 2017.

1. grioghair

grioghair MDL Novice

May 6, 2008
    I am trying to activate Windows 7 SP1 on a Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 - it is an F4 bios. (It is running on a 64 Bit system.)

I have been trying to activate it using Daz Loader 2.2.2. I have 4 MBR partitions, and a GPT partition, but the Windows is installed on an MBR partition. The loader installs the certificate and everything ok, but when it reboots it goes to a grub command, and I then have to repair the boot mgr with bootrec to get it booting again.

The HDD is 3TB

The error I am getting on reboot is:

Options if your HDD is larger then 1TB:
    * Move your boot files to a smaller partition at the start of the HDD.
    * Format the HDD and allow Windows 7 to create a 100MB boot partition.
    * Shrink and move your partitions with GParted.

Press any key to read more...

As a point of reference, my boot partition IS 100mb.

I have been going around with this for days, trying to activate this system.

Any help with fixing this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Groghair

2. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    I recon I would do one of two things.

Either flash the BIOS to hold SLIC and make my own OEM disc\usb then it won't matter about having a large 3TB drive on GPT.

But to be honest I would not have my OS on such a large drive. I would get myself a smaller drive, no more than 500GB and install my OS onto that and just use the 3TB as storage.

This smaller drive could be set at MBR then using Daz's loader will work as it should.

The 3TB should then be set at GPT to allow the full capacity to be used.

Good time to upgrade the OS drive to a SSD too.

3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    I agree with @tnx, but only want to say - even 500 GB is to much, if it is HDD. Your Windows 7 will run much faster and is much stable, if there is about 300 GB, It's my personal experience on HDD drivers/partitions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Can you please show the screenshots of Disk Management & diskpart => list disk? On the other hand, a modded bios is way quicker solution if you're in a hurry.