Problems Installing Windows Vista x64 SP2

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dsfugabanjr, Jul 14, 2009.

1. dsfugabanjr

dsfugabanjr MDL Junior Member

Apr 24, 2008
    Hi Guys,

I have download an untouched version of Windows Vista x64 SP2, but was unable to install it. I planned on installing the operating system from DVD by booting from it. The problem I am facing is, after the installation finishes loading files, it seems the installation is no longer responding when it reaches the animated loading bar. What could cause this problem? This doesn't seem to have happened when I installed the 32-bit version. I was waiting for the installation to show the hard disk partition but the installation stopped responding.

Processor: AMD Ahtlon 64 X2 4400+
    Motherboard: AMD690HD with AMD64 Technology
    Memory: 2x1GB of DDRII 800Mhz
    Hard Drive: Seagate 160GB SATA

With this specification, I am sure my hardware supports it, or does it? Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks!

2. dsfugabanjr

Apr 24, 2008
    Guys,

Any ideas?

3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Bad image with corrupted files?? That would be my guess.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dsfugabanjr

Apr 24, 2008
    Thanks! Even with the correct checksum of the image? I downloaded the image (ISO) file twice (now I have two copies), burned it in two separate DVDs, same result on both images. My theory is that... it has something to do with the hard drive because I am using SATA drives, but there's one problem with this theory, I was able to install 32-Bit edition.

5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    You did not say it passed hashcheck..:p

Maybe bad burns or media? try it in VM if you can or burn with alternate program. Take out a stick of memory..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. dsfugabanjr

Apr 24, 2008
    Bad media... hmmm, I used two high-quality DVD-R from HP and a brand new dvd-burner from Pioneer. I will try using VM and removing a memory stick. Thanks!

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Try burning dvd a lower speed say 4x for example:)

8. dsfugabanjr

Apr 24, 2008
    Yes sir, I used 4x burning the two images.

9. subliminal

subliminal MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2009
    i had the same problem with mine, i used a virtual drive in xp and installed from xp. i tried numerous copys of the dvd and burned like 5 coasters before i found someone that suggested the virtual drive.

10. jupier2k

jupier2k MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    You may like to try this ?

press F8 right before the Windows screen would come up. Boot into VGA Mode, then you can set it to what your monitor can handle

11. dsfugabanjr

Apr 24, 2008
    Successfully installed Vista x64 with SP2

Ok guys, I would like to tell you that I did remove one stick of memory and still the same problem. Since I wanted to upgrade my RAM, I installed new 2x2GB modules but still no luck from there. I tried installing it using Virtual Machine by the way, and it worked fine, so I am sure the image (ISO) file is okay. But here's a funny thing... after so many times of restarting and trying any luck, I was able to install the Vista x64 edition. The problem lies in the keyboard, it's pretty silly, really! I removed the Logitech keyboard, and replaced it with a generic one (of course I replaced the generic after the installation), then everything installed as expected.

Many thanks to all of you! Cheers!