Problems wit new build 9860.0.141008

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by xslord, Oct 23, 2014.

1. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Yes, I can see how it wouldn't make sense to someone who doesn't speak English as their first language.
    I would personally use "Instructions for use / Download", it's a bit more descriptive. 'How to use' seems to be like a readme...

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Thanks Murphy.

Fact is, majority of members of MDL are Non-Native English speakers. Online Translaters didn't working well to say at least and if such are used, the outcome could be from slightly to hard and inunderstandable! There even some discrapancy already between US and UK English!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012

Deleted my useless posts. Better you manage that here :nsa:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tiko

Tiko MDL Junior Member

Aug 18, 2014
    Don't working 3G USB MODEM Huawei((( No connect to HUAWEI Mobile Connect - 3G Network Card(( On 9841 all ok!!! On 9860 don't work! NDIS connect NO----RAS connect yes. This bug?

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I stopped already for to 3G Modems, USB's and others, I using 3G WiFi Router which has the advantage that I could connect up to 5 devices at the same time to the same Router. Saves simply Money and even time.

6. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Nice to know ... but how does that help or answer his question?

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Not directly! Just a hint what could be done and even how to avoid such problems in future. I don't see anything wrong with that.

8. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Ahhh ... so if ones PC doesn't start it's a good tip to buy a new one :g:.

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Er.....? Were did I or the poster Tiko talked about that the PC isn't started (look at the quotes please!)? Ahhh... you were going off topic?!

10. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    You apparently don't get it. The user has a problem with 3G usb modem and you indirectly suggested him to buy a 3G WiFi router, so i made this allegory.

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    First at all, I get one thing for some time already: any sligthest thing what you see's as criticsm or such will result in less or more insulting replies. (Der Ton macht die Musik!)

In thise 'special' case about the modem, I didn't suggested anything, just 'told' what I'd done facing similar problems. And that's a big difference. If I would suggest something I would say that! I would never admit, that, what worked for me, would work for others alike, may it does, may it doesn't!

AFAIK, this forum has an function to set some user's on an ignore list. If you didn't like my post's and thoses bothers you, simply set my name on that list! At least nobody presses you to answer any of my post's. If you answer, it would appropriate to keep your answer strictly to facts. If you maybe feel insulted by my post, there is an messaging system which could and even should be used for such 'conservation'! I would answer any PM as long as they is kept on an civilized level.
    I frankly ask you to keep an conservation on an simple level of facts given and civilized, if that isn't asked to much.

Have a nice day.

12. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Huh, show me where i did, please :eek:.

13. Tiko

Tiko MDL Junior Member

Aug 18, 2014
    problem with connecting 3G usb modem
    with HUAWEI Mobile Connect - 3G Network Card
    NDIS connect((( Please help!!! On 9841 all work--- 9860 NO WHY???

14. Ricardo41

Ricardo41 MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2011
    you need to go to "pc settingsĀ»- "network"-"Manage"-" open network flyout" connect your usb and dial "*99#" if your number corresponds.
    have fun!:)

15. Chris123NT

Chris123NT MDL Expert

Oct 23, 2010
    Anybody else seeing the onedrive intro screen every time they log in? Pretty sure it's a bug and it's pretty annoying to boot lol.

16. Zardoc

Zardoc MDL Addicted

Feb 7, 2008
    Yep, I think it happens if you try to recreate your account. I rolled back and it stopped. :(

17. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    You're a better man than I.
    I would have gotten angry at false accusations.

18. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Remembered the nice post by abbodi, shortly stating a harsh reply, then edited to 'Self Control' ... quite useful mantra :cool2:. I still sometimes fail to resist at first hand.

19. davehc

davehc MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2008
    I am anxious to get rid of that popup. Could you explain what you mean by "recreate your account". I have used the same Live account as far back as I care to remember. I altered nothing with this installation, but the popup came later. How do you "roll back" an account. That's a new one for me.

20. xslord

xslord MDL Junior Member

Sep 13, 2009
    #40 xslord, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
    (OP)
    OK, I have done some extensive testing with build 9860 meanly focus on Sleep/Standby issue I encoutered, here is a little summary:
    (if i'm not mistaken with build 9841 i had no issues)

SYSTEM #1 (NOTE - NO SLEEP/STANDBY/HYBERNATE ISSUES! in Windows 8.1)
    Clean installation (of a non-fully win8 supported system) - NO DRIVER INSTALLATION (except the ones done through windows update), latest available microsoft updates/patches/hotfixes installed.
    SLEEP/STANDBY WORKS

Then added one by one drivers
    After installation of the driver for mobile network (GPRS/G3 - ) was installed SLEEP/STANDBY FAILED! instead it did shutdown/poweroff!

SYSTEM #2 (NOTE - NO SLEEP/STANDBY/HYBERNATE ISSUES! in Windows 8.1)
    Clean installation (of a non-fully win8 supported system) - NO DRIVER INSTALLATION (except the ones done through windows update), latest available microsoft updates/patches/hotfixes installed.
    SLEEP/STANDBY FAILED! right from the start!

(MY) CONCLUSIONS - There are sleep/standby issues related to (oem/whq) driver support in "Windows 10 bld.9860" and it is tricky to solve this (i think i'll wait for the next build), even hotfix kb301668 does not solve every systems having these problems!

One way to trace issues with the above is to run the following (in elevated) command prompt:
    > powercfg /energy
    the following file "energy-report.html" will be created (in C:\Windows\system32\, which then can be viewed in a browser, and give more details)