Problems with my first SSD

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Schneggi, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Schneggi

Schneggi MDL Novice

Jul 22, 2011
    Hey everybody,

yesterday i installed my first ssd in my notebook. but i had some problems with it and it would be awesome if somebody could help:

1. after booting the notebook hangs and the hdd-light of my notebook lights up constantly. it doesn't happen every boot. but it also happened during looking at pictures and scrolling through them very quickly.

2. the BIOS of my notebook doesn't give me the option to choose AHCI for the ssd. but when i checked in the command prompt "fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify". i read somewhere that if the output of that command returns a 0 TRIM is active and it returned 0. i thought that TRIM can only be active when AHCI is active??

Actually that's it :). the first problem really gives me a hard time because i was so looking forward to my OCZ Agility 3 and now those hang-ups really suck.
    i hope there's somebody out there who has any idea.

Thanks guys!

2. starams5

starams5 MDL Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Hi, I'm not sure what's making it hang, the firmware is probably up-to-date but it wouldn't hurt to check. Question, did you clean install the OS, or restore a backup after the SSD upgrade? As for not finding the AHCI setting in the BIOS, not all chips support AHCI, nVidia is one example. As for "DisableDeleteNotify". i read somewhere that if the output of that command returns a 0 TRIM is active" This is the default setting, weather it's trimming or not, I believe you need ACHI for trim, or an AHCI/RAID supported driver.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Michelle68

Michelle68 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    #4 Michelle68, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
    Would it be too much to ask the notebook brand and model,the OS you have installed.

If it's Windows 7 with an Intel chipset,the Intel RST is needed on supported OS installations and hardware with PCH & ICH 7/8/9/10 chipsets.

Is the chipset installation software installed.

How about netframework.

Did you use the SSD tweaker or do all the settings manually.

BTW,I have 2 Vertex 2 SSDs and 1 Vertex 3 MAX IOPS with no issues what-so-ever.

Most problems are caused by pilot error or picking the wrong drive for the hardware/software it will operate with.

5. Schneggi

Schneggi MDL Novice

Jul 22, 2011

It's a HP Pavilion dv6-6008eg.
    Intel i7-2630m
    Agility 3 120GB
    Sata II
    I had the Intel RST installed and updated recently. netframework should be up-to-date through windows update i guess.

I didn't use the SSd tweaker but did all the stuff manually. i updated the firmware of my agility to 2.09. till now it didn't hang anymore...i will write again if it should happen again.
    Thanks anyway guys. YOU'RE AWESOME!!