Problems with Windows 7 - LogonUI.exe Bad Image and 0×80070017

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BabuHS, Jan 21, 2012.

1. BabuHS

BabuHS MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2012
    Hey guys, had a problem with Windows 7 on my laptop (Acer Aspire 7720G if it helps at all) and I was wondering if I could get some help. Basically, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit) on my laptop last week, having purchased an upgrade download, and it was working great up till yesterday... I have no idea what happened, but it just switched itself off and when I tried turning it on again, it came up with a message saying LogonUI.exe - Bad Image. This comes up before it reaches the log-in page so I can't do a great deal. Same thing happens if I try running it in Safe Mode.

I've been trawling through the net for solutions, and I've tried to reinstall Windows 7 from the DVD I burned it onto, but it comes up with "Error code 0x80070017", saying that it can't be installed. Tried a system restore too, had no luck with that either. Any help with this would be hugely appreciated, thanks!

2. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    You tried to repair installation of Windows 7?
    Will only need a reliable DVD media. :p

3. BabuHS

BabuHS MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2012
    Hey, thanks for the reply. I did try that, yeah, it wasn't successful though. I've sort of got it working now...I ended up installing Windows 7 on a different partition, and I've left the original system partition well alone for now. The new one seems to be running smoothly. I'll burn a new DVD at a lower speed to see if I can sort out the original partition, although I'm not sure if it'd be better or not just to leave it entirely alone?