Product key hash

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rupsd, Jun 15, 2010.

1. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    Use it to activate against a KMS server or Z.W.T's KMS emulator.

Enterprise key can be used only in Enterprise and not in Ultimate.

Keys are Edition specific.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    can a mak key be used instead.i tried using mak key for office retail but while entering office setup was showing invalid key.when i used that ospp /inpkey method it worked and now i have permanently activated retail office.just thinking if similiar way ultimate can be activated

3. MasterDisaster

Aug 29, 2009
    Ultimate cannot take Volume License keys, it takes only Retail, OEM:NONSLP, OEM:SLP and OEM:COA keys.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MasterDisaster

Aug 29, 2009
    Your request missed out some vital information for a bios to be modified. That is why your request was ignored. You need to provide the official bios download link and a RW Acpi dump of your system.

Read the bold part of this thread.

5. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    About LgE electronics:never make a mistake of purchasing notebooks from them coz they don't give a s**t info.
    and how to find ACPI DUMP???

6. MasterDisaster

Aug 29, 2009
  7. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    k i'm doing it but i don't have bios download link.What to do about that??

8. MasterDisaster

Aug 29, 2009
    Without the bios what do you expect us to modify?

Search for bios download for your laptop in the LG site.

9. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
  10. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
  11. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    Hey i will try to find the download link in a couple of days.I will send you the complete information

12. MasterDisaster

Aug 29, 2009
    #34 MasterDisaster, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  13. MasterDisaster

Aug 29, 2009
    Your system has a partial slic table which is disabled by LG. Your bios is a 2007 model, so it will most probably have SLIC 2.0. What you did just now is loaded the full slic table in place of the partial table directly to the memory. Key and cert part are needed to complete the OEM activation. Once you restart your computer, this SLIC table will be reverted to the previous one and you'll lose your activation.

What grub-based loaders or drivers do is load the table into the memory just before Windows loads. My advice, use Daz' loader and be happy. It will just do what you have done just now.

14. letsgoawayhell

letsgoawayhell MDL Senior Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Seems I am a liitle bit late to comment on the subject :D

There are two type of hashing algorithms: 1-way and 2-way (or reversible)
    in 1-way algorithms (like MD5) original data cannot be calculated from its hash.
    in 2-way algorithms (like base64) original data CAN be calculated from the hash.

Both Windows and Office use 2-way algorithms to save thier product key in registry.

You can easily retrive your windows product key using "Everest". (If not, where do all those SLP keys come from? :D We retrive them using such tools.)

15. MasterDisaster

Aug 29, 2009
    #38 MasterDisaster, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
    base64 is not classified as a hashing algorithm. It is just used to covert data into printable form.

I am aware of the fact that product keys are stored in base24 ecoding in the registry. The OP had asked for converting product key hash (KeYfcvXg/a1Q01x73+f8IL/JC4Y=) into product key.

16. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    yeah daz loader will be fine.
    onel last question...how you guys know such things..i mean what you guys are actually??IT professional??

17. letsgoawayhell

letsgoawayhell MDL Senior Member

Apr 16, 2010
    tx for the info, I did not know that they are not classified as hashing algorithms.