Program to logon to internet via webpage.

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Stannieman, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Hi,
    The network at school (ethernet or wireless) is an open one. However when you connect to it it automatically opens a webpage where you have to login with your school account. Is there a way to skip the login, by an app or maybe just a batch file that automates the login. Somehow the username and password can't be remembered by the browser for the loginpage, and it's annoying having to type everytime I want to connect to internet.

There are other networks out there that do the same thing, so I guess there must be some standard for these things.

So does anyone know of a way to skip the manual login or does anyone know the technology used for this so I know where to look for?

Thanks in advance,
    Stan

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    creat a macro- ive written them for slot machines online . starts the program,sign's me in starts the game;)

3. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    And how do I do that? :) and what has it do do with slot machines?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. idsk

idsk MDL Junior Member

Aug 25, 2009
    you can try to telnet the server on port 80 and either send a GET if the parameters (user/password) are in the url, either POST
    i never tried but i think you can manage to do this inside a script

otherwise you can search for an http requester and make it run at windows startup