Programs that don't work on win 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by tinux, Jun 28, 2013.

1. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    I was thinking the same but he talked about 8.1 which cannot be activated with MTK

2. WPNettwerk

WPNettwerk MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    Maybe someone wrote, but at the moment not working Thinkpad Fingerprint, Lenovo System Update 5.02 (not possible to install as all programms, only via cmd using couple commands). Nvidia drivers has some glitches. Rest of things works.

3. WPNettwerk

WPNettwerk MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    I cant edit my post from mobile web, but I forget to write. You can use built in windows fingerprint. Its works. Except from sleep mode you can login by password typing. Nice feature is in Windows 8.1, when you buying app in Marketplace, you can accept by password and by fingerprint as well. :)

4. WPNettwerk

WPNettwerk MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    Update. Intel Anti Theft not working on Windows 8.1.

5. PGHammer

PGHammer MDL Senior Member

Oct 14, 2011
    However, 8.1 CAN be activated with KMSpico (either standard or portable) - same applies to Office 2013 VL. (I've used both standard and portable in testing, and both work.)

6. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    for the sake of it: My answer appeared prior to latest MTK which now can do the job :p

7. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Yep, needs neighter a wrist watch nor a smart phone to realize the age of that post :D.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. lievre

lievre MDL Senior Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Still don't understand why people want to install Anti virus program on windows 8, waste of time.

Lievre

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Definitly can understand, as Win Defender, besides the fact being a MS product, is poorly integrated into the GUI. It needed me to run a reg script to access it through the context menu. Thats a nul number indeed, as every other AV will offer that option by default :doh:.

I'm very comfort with AVG IS 2014, as it's highly adaptable to my needs without making a degree in rocket science.

The most important: If i declare something to be excluded, AVG don't dare to touch or even look at it !

You can see it in the MTK thread, that some AV even in case they were disabled, still protect you from yourself :mad:.

To cut it: I AM THE ONLY ADMIN ON MY PC (besides MS) :D. I really hate it being protected without my knowledge and against my will.

Last point: With Defender there is always a door wide open for MS to check my files :doh:. That leads to things like MTK being flagged after a while ... keep that in mind :Albert:.