Progress Bar won't close

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by gemius, Aug 11, 2008.

1. gemius

gemius MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2008
    Ref My Digital Life fix at http://www.mydigitallife.net/2007/0...n-copying-files-from-network-kb931770-hotfix/

I've had a similar problem for some time and have been unable to resolve it. When I delete a document a progress bar appears and will not close down. If I rename a document the computer freezes.
    I can minimize the offending bar and carry on working, or I can log off and on again, or use the Task Manager to end the program which it does by restarting Explorer. Either way the action is completed and all appears normal until the next time I try to delete/rename a document or file.
    When I log off, Vista lists the deletions etc as programs still running, says the first one is preventing it from shutting down, and warns me I might lose data etc. but I never loose anything and everything is normal when I log on again.

I've tried the download on the page given above but I get the message it's not applicable to my computer.

The problem seems to be the same one. I would be very pleased if someone could come up with an answer to my problem?

2. gemius

gemius MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2008
    Re the above post.
    I've struggled with this problem for a couple of months and have posted questions on several Forums without getting an answer. Then last night after I'd posted the above message I checked for updates and there was a new one KB 940157. I downloaded it and carried on working. It wasn't until later that I wanted to delete a document and to my surprise it worked normally, No Progress Bar just the Delete File box checking I was sure I wanted to delete.

I can't be sure it was this update that did it but I don't know what else it could have been. What a relief