Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by RanCorX2, Feb 20, 2018.
see page 1 for test release.
You need to login to view this posts content.
Found your 1st bug. I am using Windows 2016 LTSB which is build number 1607 which is Redstone 1 (RS1) and so option #3 in your menu off of S1 (Disable Services)
edit: Added screenshot. Basically, it reports it cannot find the path.
Found what I believe is the correct file it was looking for and ran it manually as admin and continued from there (see screenshot)
@RanCorX2 , I'm pleased that you are driven to make "Project 10to7" a viable solution for those of us w10 users who hate the w10 BLOAT, "Look & Feel" and prefer a w7 style OS...
I've been using w10 LTSB 2016 since it was released and have used MSMG ToolKit, Multi-OEM/Retail Project, Winaero Tweaker and Classic Shell to help me achieve a w7 "Look & Feel"...
I haven't been following this thread, but am now... I will contribute feed back if I find something useful to report...
inaccessible boot device
This was the final outcome after running S1 and rebooting as instructed. Thus this was the ending of my testing since the computer became unusable from that point forward. -- I used a LIVE computer (knowing the risk, so I don't blame you) and I am typing this off of a Linux Boot CD (USB) at the moment.
Stock photo used for screenshot (but accurate)
you fool, j/k what chipset drivers are you using for storage? intel sata / raid? amd? can narrow it down if you give the info, that's what i assume it is.
ok, will fix it shortly.
edit, fix added to page one.
A mix of AMD and Nividia. I think this maybe informative https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...l-project-mrp-mk3.71555/page-157#post-1451342
uploading 1.01 atm with minor change to services reg files, think it was because i left nvstor on 4 instead of 0. all the amd drivers are on 0 for boot as are the intel ones.
Once you update post 1 with the new fix, I'll reinstall Windows later today and give it a try
ok, good luck
S1 passed. Which means your fix worked.
Going to attempt S2 now.
Lots of errors in your program on S2. Files cannot be found and clearly, some mistype in your commands.
Noticed since S1 the use if the start menu doesn't work and was hoping that would correct in the following steps... Obvious that hasn't happen.
S6 points to nothing (file is missing)
Upon further review of S1, there were some permission errors when applying the registry hacks.
Will test again on a virtual pc on your next release.
shouldn't be any registry permission errors if you have disabled;
nsudo is used for full trusted installer access.
will investigate. noticed s6 button says file not found, need to update button link.
start menu not working is project working as intended as it is removed. mentioned on page 1. you need a 3rd party menu.
Forget which step but one of them gave me the error that nsudo was an unrecognized command. Really think you should review your code.
Still in Franco development wait dear dudette only remember Windows 3.0 and Windows 3.0.1 and Windows NT4 and NT5...