Provoked People, Misleading Media, Wicked World ...

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by BetanTest, May 3, 2017.

1. BetanTest

BetanTest MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2012
    Maybe it's just because we have almost instantaneous "if it bleeds it leads" global media feeds coming at us from all angles ... but has the world actually become "angrier" in recent years? Or has it always been extremely angry and dangerous and we're just now seeing the bigger angry picture ... whereas before, we just saw and were more focused on regional and local issues?

I'm inclined to believe the world has always inherently been an angry dangerous place ... it's just that now we're globally plugged into it 24x7x365(+1) ...

2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    well I could live for more than 100 years, I'd might be able to tell.
    Privacy certainly has changed

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    Most hate is currently caused by oversensitive people (or political correctness), they tend to find issues, where there are none, like Disney costumes or toilets for trans.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...tume-controversy-20160922-snap-htmlstory.html

And lets not forget about democratic countries like US or France, where people fight each other or destroy property over their beloved candidates.

All those people, who scream about freedoms and rights, force their opinions on others and they do not even see it. Thanks to internet, all it takes is 1 crazy person/idea and all hell breaks loose.

4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    We have had hate for as long as I can recall, The assassinations of JFK, Ted and MLK. The Vietnam war, Charlie Manson still pokes his head every now and then in the media.... it still goes on today,it all just uses a different name

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    #5 John Sutherland, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
    One thing you must always keep in mind every time you watch the network news shows: Their purpose is not to report the facts or tell the truth. Far from it. All they do is read from a script. The purpose is to influence their audience in such a way that everyone is thinking alike with zero dissent. Get the herd up and moving and keep them all moving in the same general direction. People that refuse to move with the herd or change direction and branded with labels such as a hater, xenophobe, bigot, racist, antisemitic, and so on. By labeling people in this way the media discredits their message, even if their message happens to be the truth.