[Q & REQ] Windows 8.1 with Bing

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by P0rt, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  2. perre

perre MDL Senior Member

Nov 2, 2013
    HI sorry but I need the windows with bing. without being sinle language how can I convert to create the image of Portuguese portugal.obrigado:worthy:

3. P0rt

P0rt MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2011
    Please do that mate :), expecting your PM eagerly.
    btw, did it ask for a key? can you activate it? is it really FREE?

4. Blalala

Blalala MDL Novice

May 30, 2011
    Came pre-installed with my laptop, does activate with a key and has one set in UEFI. Waiting for RU version to get leaked, so I can reinstall that stuff after upgrading to SSD, heh.
    Also, heard that "free" was about being free to manufacturers, not end users. Maybe they'll get to the actually free stuff with the next Win version.

5. perre

perre MDL Senior Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Thanks mate I'm noob in this matter'm from Portugal and I have to translate the google.como sending you a pm also do not know, my laptop came with windows bing with no single language and avario disc and bought a new one and now not I have to install this oem windows with key in bios, you conssegue not do so for mim.desculpe be chatialo'm a nood in this matter.

6. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Have you guys tried the 8.1 download program? I haven't tried it because I don't have a legit "with bing" key, but it could potentially work.
    If you manage to get it to download an esd file, save that badboy and share it with the esd decrypt boys.

7. perre

perre MDL Senior Member

Nov 2, 2013
    I already tried it and insert my key but not given:weeping:

8. perre

perre MDL Senior Member

Nov 2, 2013
    murphy78, I do not know how to get windows 8.1 on x64 with bing Portuguese of Portugal for my acer portail.

9. Blalala

Blalala MDL Novice

May 30, 2011
    What's that? -_-

10. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    WindowsSetupBox :cool2:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Blalala

Blalala MDL Novice

May 30, 2011
    #31 Blalala, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    Found it. Nope. Says that the key can't be used to download a retail copy of win 8.1. Guess, there's no separate version for OEM versions for obvious reasons?:)

P.S. Interestingly (or maybe not), BIOS setup says that the license installed is "PRO", yet notebook came with pre-installed with bing SL Russian edition activated. Dunno if what BIIOS setup says is even important, the key didn't seem to activate Pro editions, I've checked.

12. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    #32 murphy78, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    How to create an OEM install DVD from your recovery partition

Well... the thing is, you're not really supposed to be able to download it.
    They put your backup image in a recovery partition.
    You could probably mount the partition and use that install.wim or install.esd in a portuguese dvd, but it would have the customized software added.

You're meant to only need to restore to the defaults through the Windows Recovery options.
    There's two ways to use those.
    Firstly there's the pseudo-recovery which is like a copy without actually booting into winre.
    You do that by running:
    Code:
    shutdown /r /o /t 0
    Then there's the winre version, which is it's own bootable option. You run that by doing:
    Code:
    reagentc /boottore
    But, to make your own Portuguese "with bing" dvd, you'd need that image I was talking about by mounting the recovery partition.
    Well.. Perhaps mounting isn't the right word. You need to assign it a drive letter.
    You can do that in diskpart through command prompt:
    Code:
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    list partition
    select partition 5
    assign
    exit
    Note that that's my guess as to what the partition number would be. You need to look for the partition that is like 2-4GB
    After assigning it a drive letter, you should be able to navigate through its contents and look for a wim or esd file.

When you find one, copy it to a portuguese dvd and rename it to either sources\install.wim or sources\install.esd and delete the previous version.
    Then re-iso that thing. I have copies of all the portuguese msdn isos in my magnet thread and you can use pretty much any of them as a source.
    If you use a Volume version, you'll need to delete the sources\EI.cfg file.

You can re-iso the program by downloading oscdimg and running something like:
    Code:
    oscdimg.exe -o -u2 -udfver102 -bootdata:2#p0,e,bc:\win81x64\boot\etfsboot.com#pEF,e,bc:\win81x64\efi\microsoft\boot\efisys.bin -lWin81withbing c:\win81x64\ c:\temp\win81withbing.iso
    Note that you cannot share your result iso here. We do not allow homebrew isos.

13. ambidav

ambidav MDL Guru

May 14, 2008
    #33 ambidav, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  14. perre

perre MDL Senior Member

Nov 2, 2013
    murphy78 I have in one partition recovery install.wim but how to create a complete iso image. thank you very much you saved me.:clap:

15. perre

perre MDL Senior Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Needed to get the x64 version thank you:clap:

16. perre

perre MDL Senior Member

Nov 2, 2013
    The install.win the recovery has 13 gigas and this full of crap acer, and the dental install.wim has two folders, not the.

17. perre

perre MDL Senior Member

Nov 2, 2013
    ambidav to arrange the windows version x64 bing as meto in Portuguese, thanks for everything.

18. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    F***ing annoying, isn't it? ...the bloatware that comes with systems, I mean.
    Well... I mean... you could convert another language's version and do a sysprep/capture to reduce the extra language bloat, but it would never be even remotely as good as an original recovery partition or an OEM iso.

You should be aware that if you ever need to do any sort of support with the manufacturer, that recovery partition will need to remain intact.
    They expect you to not modify it, and you can void your warranty. Now, don't say you haven't been warned if you choose to keep messing with this and try to restore the system using a stock image.

19. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    Always the devils advocate, never the devil :cool:

20. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Would be nice to get the x64 ISO likewise :cool2:. Busy ambidav discovered that they can be converted to even ProfessionalStudent and normal CoreConnected:

Windows.with.Bing.Target.Editions.png

[originally taken by ambidav, hope he doesn't mind ...:eek:]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...