Query Regarding The Windows 7 Keys Sold On Ebay

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ipkonfig, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009

MSDN retail keys are not regular retail keys. Rund PDXCHK.exe on an MSDN retail key and then look at the b1, b2, and b3 files in notepad or a hex editor. THe b3 file says retail msdn.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bax!

Bax! MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    The Extreme Loader by Napalum... in advanced mode gives all sorts of great info :)

4. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009

Ohh, the one that Stunna stunned us all with. I didn't download it because of the source. Props to Napalum then, guess I will download it.

Thanks.

5. NorthLion

NorthLion MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2009
    technet?

I'm signed up with technet but don't have a subscripion.. I've been looking around for this $19 subsciprion you mention but the lowest price I can see is over $300.. where should I look?

6. karrde

karrde MDL Novice

May 19, 2007
    @NorthLion

7. pzkfwg

pzkfwg MDL Novice

Nov 5, 2009
    Retail Home Premium Upgrade key reusable?

Hi,

I'm now convinced that I can buy a key on eBay and use it on 3 of my computers. But I already bought an upgrade Home Premium in pre-sale and I am wondering if the same logic applies and therefore if I can install the same key on my 3 computers. I've read reports (see below) that upon activation, I just cannot reactivate the same key on another computer as the first activation is bound to the key. Some also say that both of the computers would be flagged as non-genuine!

Any truth in these reports? Thank you very much for your knowledgeable input.
    www(dot)maximumpc(dot)com/article/features/windows_7_upgrade_guide_all_your_questions_answered

community(dot)winsupersite(dot)com/blogs/paul/archive/2009/11/01/windows-7-workaround-does-not-allow-for-multiple-installs-with-one-product-key(dot)aspx

8. vision

vision MDL Member

Oct 14, 2009
    One MSDN or Technet Product Key can be activated 10 times Max.

ex.
    10 PCs get 1 time for each.

9. pzkfwg

pzkfwg MDL Novice

Nov 5, 2009
    Yes, but what about retail ones like the Home Premium I bought of the shelf? Earlier, in this thread, some argued that MSDN product keys are identical with the retail ones, but the reports I cite say that you can only activate once the retail product key. Thanks.

10. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    the only difference in the keys is the amount of activations. Retail keys are only 1 time activation.

11. pzkfwg

pzkfwg MDL Novice

Nov 5, 2009
    Quite a difference, isn't it? :rolleyes:

12. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    Store bought keys can used as many time as you want on the same computer. Oem's only one time on the net and phone in from that point on non slp key. Msdn keys 10 times on net and phone the rest of the time:confused::confused::rolleyes::D

13. chilipepprflea

chilipepprflea MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2008
    So I could use 1 MSDN Windows 7 key on 10 different computers and they would all be activated and stay activated?