Question about activation

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by TheBR, Apr 14, 2011.

1. TheBR

TheBR MDL Novice

Apr 14, 2011
    #1 TheBR, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
    Hi Folks,
    I have an oldish Toshiba Laptop which had a hard drive failure, i was able to extract the product key from the drive (its one thats listed on this site for Home Vista Premium for Toshiba) but not the token.dat

I have reinstalled windows Vista from a retail DVD and used the license key from the old machine.

I've not checked yet but i assume the BIOS is SLIC enabled as its a proper toshiba which had a working copy of vista on it before.

I've downloaded the Vista OEMSLP Certificate & Bin Collection but am a bit confused about which of the 5 Toshiba certs i should be using to activate? (TOSQCI, TOSINV etc).

I thought that you used Everest to see the SLIC version and that would also somehow tell you which cert to use, but im not sure, i *think* its the OEMID or the OEM TableID that you use - can you confirm/shed any light?

I then intended to use the following guide to activate:-

1. Open an elevated command prompt with administrator rights and execute the following command to import the correct OEM cert:
    slmgr.vbs -ilc oemcert.xrm-ms ‘’Wait until windows pops up with a conformation-message. ‘’
    For example, to import and install a Dell OEM cert for a Dell computer, execute (assuming the OEM cert is located at C:\ drive:
    slmgr.vbs -ilc c:\dell.xrm-ms

2.Now type "C:\windows\system32\slmgr -ipk ". Wait until windows pops up with a conformation-message.
    3. Now type "C:\windows\system32\slmgr -ato ‘’Wait until windows pops up with a conformation-message.’’
    This will activate OEM version of Windows Vista (or Windows Vista as OEM edition) once the digital certificate is loaded.

Unless i misunderstanding the process?

Can you just fill the blanks for me above regarding the correct certificate to use or how i would find the correct certificate to use?

Thanks
    o_O

2. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    #2 Paiva, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
    He tried to use Windows Loader 2.0.0??

You is Brazilian?

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member