Question about activation

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by TheBR, Apr 14, 2011.

1. TheBR

TheBR MDL Novice

Apr 14, 2011
    #1 TheBR, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
    Hi Folks,
    I have an oldish Toshiba Laptop which had a hard drive failure, i was able to extract the product key from the drive (its one thats listed on this site for Home Vista Premium for Toshiba) but not the token.dat

I have reinstalled windows Vista from a retail DVD and used the license key from the old machine.

I've not checked yet but i assume the BIOS is SLIC enabled as its a proper toshiba which had a working copy of vista on it before.

I've downloaded the Vista OEMSLP Certificate & Bin Collection but am a bit confused about which of the 5 Toshiba certs i should be using to activate? (TOSQCI, TOSINV etc).

I thought that you used Everest to see the SLIC version and that would also somehow tell you which cert to use, but im not sure, i *think* its the OEMID or the OEM TableID that you use - can you confirm/shed any light?

I then intended to use the following guide to activate:-

1. Open an elevated command prompt with administrator rights and execute the following command to import the correct OEM cert:
    slmgr.vbs -ilc oemcert.xrm-ms ‘’Wait until windows pops up with a conformation-message. ‘’
    For example, to import and install a Dell OEM cert for a Dell computer, execute (assuming the OEM cert is located at C:\ drive:
    slmgr.vbs -ilc c:\dell.xrm-ms

2.Now type "C:\windows\system32\slmgr -ipk ". Wait until windows pops up with a conformation-message.
    3. Now type "C:\windows\system32\slmgr -ato ‘’Wait until windows pops up with a conformation-message.’’
    This will activate OEM version of Windows Vista (or Windows Vista as OEM edition) once the digital certificate is loaded.

Unless i misunderstanding the process?

Can you just fill the blanks for me above regarding the correct certificate to use or how i would find the correct certificate to use?

Thanks
    o_O

2. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    #2 Paiva, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
    He tried to use Windows Loader 2.0.0??

You is Brazilian?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...