Question: About animation/transition on metro apps

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Mitee, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Mitee

Mitee MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2011
    I just noticed on my computer while looking at a friends windows 8. While he was clicking an application on his start menu there was this spinning animation/transition. But mine doesn't. Is there some setting for that animation/transition on apps on settings I don't know about? Or maybe a registry thingy i deleted... maybe?

Additional Info
    My laptop specs are:
    i5 2nd gen
    AMD vid card

Friends specs:
    i5 3rd gen
    nVidia vid card

2. Mitee

Mitee MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2011
    nah i know live tiles... i mean the animation the moment you press an app. On my friends laptop there was this spinning type transition while mine just opens plain style

3. bk109

bk109 MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    It must be something driver related on your end,because even my lowly old Compaq (with a Radeon HD3200) has got transitions up and running. Are you
    A)Running the latest Catalyst drivers and
    B)Has your machine done the Windows Experience rating test - the fastest way to check that is to copy "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Performance Information and Tools" into any Windows Explorer(not IE) window and check whether you've got a performance rating or not.Either way,press '(Re)run assessment' and after it's done,restart and see if there's any improvement :)

4. Mitee

Mitee MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2011

found it! thanks you so much! i ran the re assessment thingy then clicked on the adjust visual effects and turned everything on. I guess it was set on best performance before.