Question about installing Windows 7 Ultimate OEM

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sal826, Aug 25, 2011.

1. sal826

sal826 MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2010
    Hi Guys.

Your forum has been a life saver for me in the past, so I thought I'd ask a quick question about Windows 7 (any OEM version actually).

I have a family member that has a Compaq presario model sr5605f. This system is apparently currently running Vista and they want to install Windows 7. Wouldn't it take an OEM installation of 7 without a slip 2.1 mod because it already has an OEM version of Vista?

If it will not take an install of 7, I would need a slip 2.1 modded bios, but I cannot seem to find anyone that has that one available. I would try moding it myself, but it appears the bios you download from the manufacturer is an .exe and I have no idea how to work with that.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Either use Windows Loader by Daz or extract the bios from the exe file by 7zip and then mod it ;)

3. sal826

sal826 MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2010
    Thanks for the info. I actually did download the "universal extractor" and tried extracting the BIO which a file called sp40913.exe. It pulled out 6 files - WinFlash64.sys, WinFlash.sys, WINFLASH.HLP, winflash.exe, Ivy5.14, Installer.exe. This is where I stopped because I see no .bin file in the group of files. I have been looking on this forum and via google, but I just cannot find a detailed step by step process for extracting this .exe and then compiling it for installation.

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Mod "Ivy5.14" ~ thats the bios image :)