Question about installing Windows 7 Ultimate OEM

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sal826, Aug 25, 2011.

1. sal826

sal826 MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2010
    Hi Guys.

Your forum has been a life saver for me in the past, so I thought I'd ask a quick question about Windows 7 (any OEM version actually).

I have a family member that has a Compaq presario model sr5605f. This system is apparently currently running Vista and they want to install Windows 7. Wouldn't it take an OEM installation of 7 without a slip 2.1 mod because it already has an OEM version of Vista?

If it will not take an install of 7, I would need a slip 2.1 modded bios, but I cannot seem to find anyone that has that one available. I would try moding it myself, but it appears the bios you download from the manufacturer is an .exe and I have no idea how to work with that.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Skylined

Skylined MDL Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Either use Windows Loader by Daz or extract the bios from the exe file by 7zip and then mod it ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sal826

sal826 MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2010
    Thanks for the info. I actually did download the "universal extractor" and tried extracting the BIO which a file called sp40913.exe. It pulled out 6 files - WinFlash64.sys, WinFlash.sys, WINFLASH.HLP, winflash.exe, Ivy5.14, Installer.exe. This is where I stopped because I see no .bin file in the group of files. I have been looking on this forum and via google, but I just cannot find a detailed step by step process for extracting this .exe and then compiling it for installation.

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Mod "Ivy5.14" ~ thats the bios image :)