Question about integrating Certs into the WIM and using setupcomplete.cmd

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Hazar, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    I was building an AIO,

And I made a batch to mount each WIM, copy a load of certs to the Windows\System32\OEM directory, integrate the OEM SLP keys, and copy over a Setup\Scripts folder to the windir inside the WIM.

Inside the setupcomplete, I used a WMI query to check if its activated, and if not, apply my RemoveWAT crack. Now I was wondering, would windows be activated before setupcomplete.cmd if the correct cert was in the System32\OEM folder and the OEM:SLP key in the WIM?

2. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    Yes, if you are using DISM to integrate the Product Keys and if the BIOS has a 2.1 SLIC (with matching cert in the WIM), it will be fully activated before the SetupComplete stage occurs.

3. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Excellent. Thanks a lot Jinje.

I was using the WMIC query you gave me for the auto activating kit and my setupcomplete looks like this:

@echo off
    net start sppsvc
    WMIC /NAMESPACE:\\root\CIMV2 PATH SoftwareLicensingProduct WHERE LicenseStatus=1 GET LicenseStatus | findstr "1" >nul
    IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO :RWAT
    RD /S /Q "%windir%\Setup" >nul
    del "%0"
    exit

:RWAT
    cd "%~dp0"
    RemoveWAT.exe /s
    RD /S /Q "%windir%\Setup" >nul
    del "%0"
    exit

That should be ok, I think.

4. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Are there any specific naming conventions required for the certificates?

5. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Erm... maybe.

What's that got to do with it, you saying they're gonna put certs only in the WIM or something? I doubt BIE will ever release anything worth downloading, lol.

6. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Just tested, worked fine with VMWare modded BIOS. If BIOS mod removed, RemoveWAT installed.