Question About Key Not Working

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by cloves, Feb 7, 2010.

1. cloves

cloves MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2008
    Hi everyone, had a question as to why the serial I put into windows 7 after a fresh install didn't work.

My specs:
    GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P
    Bios F10F

Tutorials and files used coming from this thread.

Application used: Award tools 1.31
    Settings:
    Original bios=EP45UD3P.10f
    Slic 2.1 : HP Selected (HP.BIN)
    SLP : HP Selected (HP.TXT)
    Certificate I used (HP_2.1.XRM-MS)

I created the bios file. Renamed the file EP45UD3P_SLIC.10f to EP45UD3P.10f. Then reset bios to load safe defaults and flashed my bios successfully.

I then began to install Win 7 and picked the HP OEM SLP Key from this link. I picked from the ultimate paragraph and the HP key "MHFPT-8C8M2-V9488-FGM44-2C9T3". Then proceeded to install.

When windows finished I checked the activation and it said that it was not valid "Error code 0xC004E003" . Mind you this is a fresh install and I have never used any boot loaders or even vista on this machine.

Only thing I can figure is that I need to drop the certificate into window directory? The tutorial did not mention this so I am lost.

2. latinkreationz

latinkreationz MDL Novice

Jan 14, 2010
    Try this
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/7126-The-Official-Windows-7-Repository

3. cloves

cloves MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2008
    Thanks for the link I ended up using the Opatool as described in the thread.

4. spiderman_pink

spiderman_pink MDL Member

Jul 1, 2009
    using tools is much easier. but in case you're curious on how to do it manually, during install you don't enter any key. and uncheck the option to activate via internet

after the install has completed and windows has loaded:

install certificate
    Type slmgr.vbs -ilc C:\YOUR_FILE.xrm-ms say HP_2.1.XRM-MS is just an example and wait for the dialog box to come up
    stating the license was successfully installed.

install key
    slmgr.vbs -ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
    the key used is an ultimate key just an example.

technically, you could enter the key during install. then just install the license after windows has loaded. but i haven't tried that method before, hope someone can confirm that it'll work