Question about metered connection

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by agodng, Aug 6, 2015.

1. agodng

agodng MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2015
    It's possible to set metered connection on Ethernet nic for prevent automatic window update.. in this case will only download priority updates and no driver right?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. redbug

redbug MDL Junior Member

Sep 27, 2010
    #2 redbug, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    http:// www. pcworld. com/article/2953132/windows/set-windows-10s-wi-fi-connections-as-metered-to-download-forced-updates-at-your-own-pace.html
    ". . . you’ll be notified that an update is available for download. You can either grab it then or wait until you’re on a non-metered connection.

http:// www. ilovefreesoftware. com/18/windows-10/set-network-connection-metered-windows-10.html
    "It’s important to know that Ethernet networks cannot be set as metered. This works only for Wi-Fi and mobile broadband connections)."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. agodng

agodng MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2015
    ok but this work only in wifi mode? this a way to force ethernet as metered?
    I'm looking for a way to lock that windows update download automatically the driver:mad:
    yesterday even after the tool wushowhide he continued to install drivers bluetooth
    to solve the problem I had to stop the service
    I hope in the final and resolutive tool mod

4. redbug

redbug MDL Junior Member

Sep 27, 2010
    I'm sorry but I don't know enough about this problem to help you. Maybe somebody else can answer your questions.