Question about Office activation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Deleted member 773088, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Seeking some clarification on activators and also legit Office activation.

I have laptop with Windows 8.1 Home Pre-Activated OEM version.

I want to test how various Office activators work so if I install Office 2013 Volume Edition on my pre-activated Windows 8.1 and activate Office 2013 using Microsoft Toolkit or any such activator, will it break anything in Pre-activated Windows?

Also later is it possible to completely remove Office (that was activated using any activators), install a retail version, buy a product key and then do a proper activation on the same machine? I don’t wish to encounter any errors while doing proper activation just because previously any third party activators were used on the same machine.

2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Using the KMS activators found in here MDL, no. They won't break your Windows oem activation whatsoever.

3. Many thanks Mr.X for your inputs and sharing the link. I just went thru KMS_VL_ALL-SppExtComObjPatcher-kms-12 and found an easy to use KMS_VL_ALL.cmd script. Though I am not very good at batch scripting, I think the script has a provision to check if the Windows is already activated. Section :sppchkWindows. Am I correct?

That should ensure it won't do anything to already activated Windows on which the script is being run.

Thanks.

4. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Me neither good at scripting lol. Wish I'd be.

Drop this very same question over that thread and hopefully the author reads it and answers your question. Good luck.

5. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    @ patkim

Your assumption is correct. Tool checks for Windows and Office and only activates Volume licenses that already exist. So a permanently activated Retail Windows (or Office) won't be touched.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...