Question about Windows 8.1 Auto Activate

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Simpuhl, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Simpuhl

Simpuhl MDL Senior Member

Aug 8, 2012
    I have this disk:

en_windows_8_1_pro_vl_x64_dvd_2971948.iso

I was wondering if I can somehow have it automatically activate after install without me having to do anything. I recall I was able to do this with Windows 7 using Windows Loader.

Any help?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    NO, you can't!@ In Windows 8 and 8.1 many things in the activation process has changed. Take your time and read carefully the related threads of this forum.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eydee

eydee Guest

Also there's no point in doing so. As most of those preactivated isos were blacklisted, as they're using outdated activation solutions, the same thing could happen to 8 as well. You should always use the latest available solution, not something saved on a DVD years ago.

4. Simpuhl

Simpuhl MDL Senior Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Thank you!

I've been talking to Murphy via pm. I am assuming I can just update the kms.exe if its gets updated and the scripts themselves should remain the same.