Question: Multiple WIN7 Keys upgrade to WIN10 on same PC

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by powerdance23, Nov 25, 2015.

1. powerdance23

powerdance23 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2015
    Hi guys,

as you know the 1 year free upgrade time to Win 10 ends in half a year. Half a year ago i used one windows 7 license key and upgraded it to win 10 on my desktop pc. Now i have 2 other keys which until now havent been used on any PC to upgrade to windows 10 at all. So my question is can i install those 2 keys with windows 7 and upgrade to windows 10 on the same single PC? What irritates me is the Hardware ID validification. Will i be able to use these upgraded keys on another pc in the future (after the free upgrade period) for installing windows 10? Or is the free upgrade 100% machine bound. I mean does it make sense to install the 2nd and 3rd key and upgrade each time seperately so that all 3 keys have been upgraded or does it not work because i did it on the same machine and the free Upgrade is 100 % hardware bound.

All the Keys in question are german OEM keys. (GERMAN OEM KEYS ARE TRANSFERABLE TO ANOTHER MACHINE (BEHAVE LIKE RETAIL KEYS) NOT LIKE IN THE U.S. WHERE OEM KEYS ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE AT ALL). So you could consider my question as if i had 3 retail keys and 1 pc and whether it makes sense to upgrade all 3 time after time or not because its hardwarebound.

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    If i were you i shouldn't use any key to get a legit windows 10, just use daz windows loader on 7 (it's as legit as can be, it emulates oem bios systems) and upgrade to 10 or use the gatherosstate shortcut to avoid upgrading at all to get a HWID/Digital Entitlement, you can do it for Home and Pro if you want. So you can keap your genuine 7 keys for windows 7.

Once you get a digital entitlement on a 10 pc it's forever (unless you change the system configuration to much).

3. Sakuya

Sakuya MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Don't use the keys on the same PC, they'll be linked to the same HWID, which is useless.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...