Question on hdmi audio output

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by chillgates, Jan 30, 2021.

1. chillgates

chillgates MDL Senior Member

Dec 15, 2010
    #1 chillgates, Jan 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    i am using philips 5.1 home theater for my pc. sound comes from all 3 outputs of built-in sound card on mobo (front left and right, center and subwoofer, rear left and right). it is called true surround sound right ?

now i am frustrated with using speakers because they are getting spoiled frequently or quality degrading within a year of purchase. biggest problem with wired speakers is managing so many wires. i couldn't setup permanent fixing of speakers on walls due to limitations of room.

so i thought of buying a soundbar ( boat aavante 2.2 channel sound bar model number 1190 with built-in woofers ). you can search it on google. it got all inputs for sound like hdmi, aux, coax, usb and bluetooth.

I connect pc to my philips led 24 inch monitor with HDMI cable. Monitor got HDMI audio out in the form of 3.5mm jack output. I can also connect soundbar with usb cable from mobo directly.

My question is which connection gives best output ? Connecting soundbar from monitor HDMI audio out in the form of 3.5 mm jack or connecting soundbar with usb cable from cpu box directly ? monitor guide clearly mentioned that 3.5 mm jack uses HDMI audio out.

2. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    hmm for :thinking:me is drivers issue here I use original from Gigabite (my mobo) and never had issues yet big sound no problems so I think that connect directly is the better solution try and after explain ok

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...