Question on windows 7 activation backup and restore

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by skywalker_, Feb 11, 2010.

1. skywalker_

skywalker_ MDL Novice

Feb 10, 2010
    Hi all,

I have a windows 7 pro MAK. I want to know how i could backup the activation and restore the same when I reinstall my OS on the same pc assuming no hardware changes

Thanks a lot in advance

2. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    #2 Dolorous Edd, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/11130-Paymyrent-Token-restore-for-mak-keys-and-retail

Works everytime. I have never used it for mak, but it should work fine. Read the thread, ask Paymyrent for advice in that thread if you need it.

I believe if you use the mak edition you will need to manually reinter the key but the tokens will be restored by the utility.

1. backup, save the backup and the key you used.

2. restore tokens using the above backup.

3. enter the key using computer properties under the activation status or run a command prompt as administrator and type slmgr -ipk xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (replace x's with make key)

Note that this can only be restored to the same computer it was backed up from. Remember that if you change hardware you may be prompted to reacitivate, if this ever happens make a new backup of the tokens.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. skywalker_

skywalker_ MDL Novice

Feb 10, 2010
    Thanks dude!

4. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    No problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...