Question re desktop system and SLIC

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ray1222, Sep 8, 2009.

1. ray1222

ray1222 MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2009
    I have a custom home built desktop computer with a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L rev. 2 motherboard. It is presently triple boot with XP, Vista Ultimate, and Windows 7 Enterprise. I would like some clear information on flashing the BIOS of this system. I have used a SLIC checker on my BIOS, and I have no SLIC table. I have found a modified BIOS for this motherboard. My question is, can I flash this BIOS using this modified BIOS, and then will SLIC appear therein? Can I safely do this with my custom desktop system? If I do so and it works, will this in any way effect my installations of XP and Vista, which are legit? I would appreciate an answer, as this is my only computer, and would not like to cause problems for the installations that are working fine. I am using BCDBoot from the XP drive with the bootloader moved over there from Vista. It works great in multiple OS machines.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    Bios mod done and flashed correctly is the safest method. Better than loaders or any other art of 'activators'. And yes - if you flash your bios with SLIC 2.1 present then you can activate/use Win7 via OEM-activation (SLP key + certificate that matches your SLIC).
    This shouldn't mess up your installations. Even so you can re-do the activation of them via phone. Shouldn't be an issue at all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...