Question regarding SLIC 2.1 and a BIOS Update

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Matrix Leader, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    Sometime back, I requested for the pros on this site to modify the latest BIOS of my laptop (at that time) to SLIC 2.1 and they successfully did it and I successfully activated W7 Ultimate.

Now my question is, incase HP releases a newer update to my notebook, will I lose the SLIC 2.1? and I would have to request from the guys to modify the new BIOS again to support SLIC 2.1 or is SLIC 2.1 now permanant on my system?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Obviously you will lose SLIC 2.1 unless the bios update is for windows 7.

3. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    thanks for the info, in that case if there was a BIOS update ill just request for it to be modified here :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Unless the BIOS update was absolutely essential to fix some critical flaw why tinker with a stable working system ???

If it ain't broke don't fix it.:rolleyes:

5. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Of course.:p

6. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    true just asked out of curiosity