Questions about Windows 10 "Spy Blocking"

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Murdock80, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  2. MacAddict01

MacAddict01 MDL Member

Mar 3, 2011
    And some are sheep who follow the shepherd. Most dont LIKE Micro$haft, they just deal with it on a daily basis like myself.

3. nosense

nosense MDL Senior Member

Sep 9, 2013
    #23 nosense, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    Yet, you keep on harping back to the same argument. You sound like a broken record. Office is one of many reason why people don't switch to Linux. Why switch to something that already works? No, need really. I still see tons of windows xp machine still around.

"Obamacare is not OpenSource" ahahhahah are you for real? Obamacare is ACA statute signed into law....

Hospitals have to fellow strict hipaa compliance regarding personal information.

4. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Save your ridiculous encompassment of other criteria, they do NOT have access to all the Data on a PC like the OS itself has.

Why give a flying, if they don't even read the data or ever see it, there's the idea that they can see it when it's not theirs to look at. MS never using it is not the point some people have, it's the idea and everyone has the right to feel their privacy is theirs. If people can't respect that then no one cares what they think.

All anyone should do is point out that it's safe, not try and tell people they need to change the way they feel about privacy.

5. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    I believe he was referring to the very unsecure obamacare website...
    You know, the one in which you input all your private information into.

It is not just hospitals, it is any organization dealing with protected health information.
    Personally, I can't wait until the obamacare database gets breached, WHEN the people find out that it is exempt from HIPAA it WILL be interesting to watch.

6. nosense

Sep 9, 2013
    #26 nosense, Nov 12, 2015
    No, his not talking about the website......
    "The biggest problem for me is Obamacare is not OpenSource so that the offices can access the crappy database that tracks all of us."

What he meant was to port over, his use of open source is wrong. Especially in regards to app\software that have access to personal data. A software like that should never be open source.

7. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    And how do you suppose the data gets into the database in the first place ? :rolleyes:

8. nosense

Sep 9, 2013
    #28 nosense, Nov 12, 2015

Do you even read what he said? Holy crap....."OpenSource so that the offices can access the crappy database."

So you saying his talking about a website rgiht? So that website is blocking all linux base desktop OS from using it? Why would a website like that need to be "Open Source"....

hahahah that doesn't make sense, HIS NOT TALKING ABOUT THE WEBSITE..... He is talking about an app\software, that gives doctors access to a data base.

9. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Yeah, I read it.
    I have not tried it. Perhaps you should try to create an account there, using linux of course.

Really ? You have to ask that question of a software package OWNED by the US taxpayers ?

Next you will be saying the same of the electronic voting machines used here.

Oh wait.

10. nosense

Sep 9, 2013
    #30 nosense, Nov 12, 2015
    Simple..... phishing website and scam clone website. Transparency is a different discussion regarding tax payers money and it's not OWNED by the tax payers. It's funded by tax money, doesn't mean they OWN it..
    Why would browsing a website on linux through Chrome\firefox be any different with windows\osx. Unless linux is really that bad it can't handle a simple website /S. Guess there's no web strandeds /S.

That has nothing to do with the discussion.

11. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Those have already been out there... Next argument ?

So you've never heard of "user agent string" ?
    Do you have any clue as to how that works ?

Rhetorical question because if you did you would not be asking the question.

Based on the same principle so why not ?

12. nosense

Sep 9, 2013
    I guess you miss the /S tag Fail face......

But keep on deflecting from your wrong original statement.

13. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Even you could get the HTML and scripts from the website, however it takes whole new skill set to get at the "back end" of the website which IS closed source.

I will say this, you picked an appropriate username. ;)

14. nosense

Sep 9, 2013
    #34 nosense, Nov 12, 2015
    Whelp this devolved from the original argument fast. Which had nothing to do with a website....

Heres a hint "The biggest problem for me is Obamacare is not OpenSource so that the offices can access the crappy database that tracks all of us."

His saying because Obamacare is not Opensource, that the doctors office can't access the database with any linux distro. If his talking about a website . it makes no sense what so ever. Doctors don't use obamacare website in the first place. They check the insurance provider website like blueshild\
    etc to see if their covered. Doctors use EHR systems for records.

15. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015

Correct.

Incorrect. The obamacare database is a whole lot more than that.
    Just how much more no one ( as in you or I ) really knows BECAUSE it is closed source.
    What I DO know is that it also contains patient histories in much the same way as the VA database.
    But that is yet a whole other can of worms.

16. nosense

Sep 9, 2013
    What Obamacare database has regarding to data is irrelevant, to the original discussion of a website. MacAddict01 is talking about EMR\EHR systems and not using a obamacare website like you stated. VA's use software like Vista, which is an EHR software(not the OS). VA's don't go to a obamacare website to access a database.

17. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    I see you have a problem with reading comprehension as well.
    Perhaps you should decipher the meaning of "much the same way as".
    But whatever.

18. nosense

Sep 9, 2013
    #38 nosense, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
    Quote for laughs!! Doctors don't use obamacares website to access a database....

Maybe you should re-read this whole thread.. LMAO!! Like I said MacAddict01 used the word "OpenSource" in the wrong context. Like he said , he had problem getting access to a database with linux OS. Which doesn't make sense, if it was off obamacare website. It makes more sense that the doctors had problems accessing the database because the app is not ported to linux. Which the US GOV is exactly trying to push an open source EMR\MHR app.

But, hey keep on deflecting! PS, that was an example, similar to you know what doctors do. VA's don't go to a website to access a database....

19. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    First of all define "website".
    Secondly, if what you say were true how could the possibly VA have access to my files here as well as ANY VA in the US ?

But whatever.

20. JP2015

JP2015 MDL Junior Member

Oct 16, 2015

"NULL"

You just keep on trucking with that mind set and attitude " so hiding behind a vpn network and hiding behind false ip's or that tor crap network stuff, you think it makes you invisible and no data or behaviour stats are not being gathered "?

Trust me your being watched and a file is open on you till the right moment on that rainy day when your entire world just got turned upside down and things will never again be the same " if your playing with fire on the internet "

All The Best and Good Luck to you, Mr OD, Bugs