Questions about windows 8 sounds.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by seijidinzuala, May 24, 2013.

1. seijidinzuala

seijidinzuala MDL Novice

May 20, 2013
    Hello,
    I have windows 8 Enterprise,I have some questions about the sounds like startup,shutdown etc sounds.. If I remember it correctly there was a sound when I unlock,shutdown etc before,but now I never hear them. There are many .wav files in C:/Windows/media ,I even tried changing them with some custom sounds. Any help will be appreciated ..thanks.

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    have you installed your original sound driver for your device on board?

3. seijidinzuala

seijidinzuala MDL Novice

May 20, 2013
    #3 seijidinzuala, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
    (OP)
    Nope,I dont have the original ones,I'm using the one that come with the windows,could this be the reason?

EDIT: Installed original drivers and they work fine now,thanks a lot..My custom sounds did not work though,any suggestion with this?

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    #4 PaulDesmond, May 24, 2013
    so, why don't you install the original drivers first and then look after they work?

:closed:

5. seijidinzuala

seijidinzuala MDL Novice

May 20, 2013
    *THREAD CLOSED* Seriously? I have a very slow and limited net,so downloading without knowing if it would work can be a waste for me. Just saying.90% chance of getting banned now I guess :/

6. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    #6 PaulDesmond, May 24, 2013
    You said that after install all is fine now you complain about different stuff. Go to your sound UI and deal with what you can adjust there or not. Most UIs have sound-check for your environment

edit: No-one gets banned because of a question. take that

7. Zeblade

Zeblade MDL Junior Member

Jun 21, 2007
    #7 Zeblade, May 24, 2013
    Lol OP its not you and worry if a MOD says something not a simple pic.

If you search and sorry I forgot where there are some settings in reg that can be turned on that are not for sound. Having sound drivers is not the problem. If I read right.. after I set them.. I had login sounds and all the rest. Maybe try searching for tweaks and the like...

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Many of those "Average Joe's" didn't know that original Drivers are recommended all times because they thinking that the OS internal drivers must be better because they're newer etc.!

In case of the OP, connected to a very slow system asking a question first may saves him (and others) a lot of time and also wrong doings. Downloading with just a few kbps (not: KBps) is just a pain in the a**!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    OP was not complaining just asking a (for him) serious question!

We all having our personal alike's, so with sound. If don't know How To...., it's normal to ask what could be done and how. Not everybody has the same extensive knowledge, many have less of it!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...