Questions

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by maxb2000, Nov 4, 2012.

1. maxb2000

maxb2000 MDL Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Hello!

I have a few questions:

1.How can I buy a retail version of Windows 8 Pro?

2.Can I use the upgrade DVD and CD Key for Clean Install?

3.If a want to reinstall Windows 8 how can I dezactivate Windows to make a clean install later?

Thanks you!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BigW

BigW MDL Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Answers:

1. You can buy retail version (now you are even alowed to buy a SB/OEM-Version outside Germany/Austria) in every store which sells Windows 8 :cool: or Amazon or an upgrade version through the Windows8-UpgradeAssistant (windows.com) if you have already installed a Win XP, Vista or 7 you can get an upgrade key for $40 or if you have bought an PC with Windows 7 not before June 2 you get that upgrade key for $15. For downloading there are here in this Forum several links to find it.
    2. I don't know, if you can make a clean install with a upgrade DVD but you always can use a "normal" Windows 8 Setup DVD (or USB-Key) and isert first a generic KMS-Key (GVLK) which you can finde here in this forum or even on an MS Website. If you are activating your copy, only change your productkey to your upgradekey then and it will activate properly. I have done that myselve with an upgradekey from that $15 offer.
    3. In Windows 8 you already have 2 options of kind of resetting Windows 8. With the first option you can keep every personal files and metro apps and you only have to reinstall every dektop programm and with the second option you can wipe every setting and programm. If you realy want to make a clean install (format the hdd) you can always install with my 2 Answer. How often you can activate your Windows 8 with a upgrade key is not realy known. If you don't change any major hardware you might can activate it several times. If you use the 2 options of resetting you don't have to reactivate Windows 8.

3. mfq

mfq MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2012
    Windows 8 Professsional Build 9200
    it is final version???
    if not plz give me win8 pro 32bit final version download link

4. adit123tya

adit123tya MDL Senior Member

Oct 25, 2012
    If u want to say rtm build... it is rtm