Quote of the day

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by pedagogy, Oct 25, 2010.

1. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
    Muhammad Ali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year.
    Victor Borge

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
    Michael Jordan

4. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Love him or hate him, he sure hits the nail on the head with this! Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about 11 things they did not and will not learn in school. He talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world.

Rule 1: Life is not fair - get used to it!

Rule 2: The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.

Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

5. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    Mark Twain

6. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results."
    Winston Churchill

7. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    “You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?”
    Dirty Harry :roflmao:

8. ricktendo64

ricktendo64 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2008
  9. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    #109 R29k, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
    Not another Tom Cruise :D

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

10. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    #110 Myrrh, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
    “Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

“Please raise both arms, and walk slowly through the full-body scanner.”
    - Random TSA Agent

11. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    One more, not really sure if I believe it myself but timesurfer might have some fun with it:

“Time can be re-written.”
    - Amelia Pond

12. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm the largest buyer of pampers, cause I can't stop shi**ing on the competition.

source: unknown

:D

13. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #113 timesurfer, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
    History can be re-written not natural time which eludes most and is constant

14. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Today I'd like to quote a really good friend of mine, he is very wise and he often says the following words:

Hi! How are you?

;)

15. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Life’s real failure is when you do not realize how close you were to success when you gave up.

16. dabits

dabits Guest

There used to be a real me, but I had it surgically removed.

Peter Sellers (1925 - 1980)

17. dabits

dabits Guest

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.

Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

18. dabits

dabits Guest

Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

19. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Thoughts give birth to a creative force that is neither elemental nor sidereal. Thoughts create a new heaven, a new firmament, a new source of energy, from which new arts flow. When a man undertakes to create something, he establishes a new heaven, as it were and from it the work that he desires to create flows into him. For such is the immensity of man that he is greater than heaven and earth.
    Philipus Aureolus Paracelsus

20. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I used to sleep nude - until the earthquake.
    Alyssa Milano