Radio Downloader has stopped working

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by aja007, May 2, 2011.

1. aja007

aja007 MDL Novice

May 1, 2011
    Hi all,

I'm a newbie to the site so I hope I've posted this query in the right forum!

When I try to open Radio Downloader (v.2.0) I get the above error message and that "Windows is checking for a solution to the problem" then nothing. This problem has been on-going for a week now.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling several times but with no luck...have any other users had the same problem or has has anyone any suggestions?

2. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Uninstall it, delete it's folder under the "Programs Files" folder if it's still there, scrub the registry using Ccleaner or similar safe scrubber and then reinstall. Often uninstalling in incomplete.

If that fails, check the program's website to see what they might offer for support and FAQs..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. aja007

aja007 MDL Novice

May 1, 2011
    I've now tried all the steps you suggested but I am still getting the same result.

As for the site's faq, the site owner has given up on helping those who are experiencing this problem!

4. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    #4 zahnoo, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
    If by "site owner" you mean the person who has previously been supplying support I'd say it's time to ditch the program and find an alternative. You may find a resolution to your current problem, but would any future problems be met with the same [lack of] site support? I'd drop it, but that's just me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. aja007

aja007 MDL Novice

May 1, 2011
    I know what you're saying but I haven't found a similar prog to replace such an otherwise excellent piece of software.

Anyhow back to the problem...any other suggestions anyone?

6. niallc

niallc MDL Novice

Jun 16, 2011
    hey zahnoo, something has just happened to me! Help, I'm suffering withdrawals, can't do without it. Have you been able to fix it? Helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

7. niallc

niallc MDL Novice

Jun 16, 2011

Make that MDL Novice - sorry, withdrawals are screwing my sight!