Random Disconnects and Shutdown hanging issues win8.x/win10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by The_Guardian, Aug 21, 2015.

1. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #1 The_Guardian, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    I want to add that HP and Dell support or any other brand really sucks anywhere lol
    Whether you are in the States or Mexico or wherever they are really unhelpful :death:
    You are not alone bro.

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    likely has to do with ACPI of bios made for win 7 not 8 or 10. some DSDT has OS specific code like OSID.
    latest bios flashed ?
    latest wifi driver ?

4. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #4 The_Guardian, Aug 21, 2015
    (OP)
    Yes and yes. That is the first thing they have you do. Then reset bios to default. Then they ask you to disable settings in device manager. And finally turn fast startup off. All of which have failed to address the issue. Then this morning I found the answer then relayed it to my neighbor and low and behold, it works. I agree it has something to do with MB or specific wireless card (intel) but they refuse to answer the questions now. Since it has something to do with power settings I did one at a time until I found the issue with one specific setting and that was the wireless card power settings. Trust me, I have done what everyone else has done on their support site.

As far as which oem's are good and which ones are bad...I have worked on them all but have found HP to be more of a pita to configure. They all have ups and downs.

What is sad is that they have had many years (since win8 to fix or at least troubleshoot themselves). Now they dont even respond to users complaining. Most end users sell it and get another manufacturer. I cant blame them for buying a different oem that works. lol

5. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    I can't blame them if they can't find an oem that really works lol
    For me all have their own ups and downs.
    At the end you will find yourself unsatisfied by any oem. :death:

6. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    I have to say I do prefer Toshiba from my own experience. They are one of the better ones. This is just my opinion but I have liked everyone I have seen. I haven't fixed many Toshiba's either other then drive replacement but that is normal. Small things. Some end users like bells and whistles where others like myself like stability and functionality.

Off subject a bit so I will get back on track. lol

7. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #7 The_Guardian, Aug 21, 2015
    (OP)
    On the subject, I did find another cause of shutdown issues with another HP I looked at today....wireless mouse and keyboard can cause it hanging on shutdown. If turned off first it shutdown correctly. Think HP has some issues with power settings and hardware. Thought I would add this additional info regarding shutdown issues. I cant really say its M$ problem but points more in the direction of oem hardware issues I think.

Mine is a Hp ENVY X360 2 in 1 and this guys was a HP ENVY 15. Same hardware as mine take or give. HP needs to address this issue!