RDP Wrapper Library (works with Home/Core SKUs)

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by binarymaster, Jul 26, 2014.

1. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Win 7 x64 termsrv.dll 6.1.7601.18540

View attachment 31854

2. binarymaster

binarymaster MDL Member

Jul 11, 2014
    It's actually not an error. This is MSTSC limitation.

3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    ????

Same version of termsrv on Win7 x64 Ult works perfectly fine?

So how it work here & not there?

sebus

4. binarymaster

binarymaster MDL Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Maybe some registry value prevents loopback connections, but I don't know which one is it.

Anyway, remote connections from other devices are not affected by this.

5. bartolengue

bartolengue MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2014
    No longer working with Win 10 TP, after installing an update the build changed to 9860!

6. binarymaster

binarymaster MDL Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Of course.

Can you share termsrv.dll x86 & x64 from build 9860?

7. tstolik

tstolik MDL Junior Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Thanks
    How can I uninstall RDP Wraper?

8. binarymaster

binarymaster MDL Member

Jul 11, 2014
    uninstall.bat

or

RDPWInst -u

It's strange to get such questions... because all information you need is on the project home page. RTFM :vertag:

9. binarymaster

binarymaster MDL Member

Jul 11, 2014
    KB2984972 - already supported

KB2984976 - is unrelated to termsrv
    KB2984981 - unrelated
    KB2994023 - unrelated (and they made a typo - RPD :biggrin:)

Firstly, make sure that update changes are related to termsrv.dll (see section "File information" on KB page).

And again... you can see supported TS versions on the project page, for all these versions concurrent sessions are supported.

10. bartolengue

bartolengue MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2014
    Hey, I'm uploading the x64 version wich I have at hand. When I get the x86 version I'll let you know!

11. tipstar23

tipstar23 MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2014
    Hi all,

I definitely cant get it working with more than 2 clients running....

Is there a fix for this?

12. bartolengue

bartolengue MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2014
    And here it is the x86 version.

Thanks in advance!

13. techmanc

techmanc MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2014
    I went back to using TeamViewer got latest version which is 9 so I could finish someone computer I was working on and I will just use that at least until there is a patch program that patches and backup file being patched. It be different if this was my network and on the PCs needed to use were mine and I could alter them and be done with it. I am liking TeamViewer 9 as I setup the clients computer so I can log on through internet with a name and pw I added. There are other features as well just was annoyed with the popups asking to buy or like and told them I like software buy not need to buy and dont do facebook promotions and I sent them an email about the popups should be removed and they offered me a payment plan lol. Ah well I tried but at least I can do what I needed to do so thats ok.

And this is not a promo for the TeamViewer software I dont work for them or get kickbacks just saying to avoid the Trolls but they have there own mindset!

14. binarymaster

binarymaster MDL Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Please provide more details like OS name, terminal services version, installation log and what did you tried to get more than 2 clients.

15. binarymaster

binarymaster MDL Member

Jul 11, 2014
    @techmanc

Why not to use RDP? If you need universal solution to connect over the internet, you can use VPN or something like that to join the required hosts into one virtual network.

16. techmanc

techmanc MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2014
    I hate why every time I to post have do it twice but here let try again with copy/paste backup!

The last time I used RDP with both PC using Windows 7 Home Premium it was working. I dont want or expect my clients to have to patch or maintain patches. Getting the to uderstand how to setup and use VPN not going to happen either as there not savy enough enough to do these thing thats why they pay me! But when I install TeamViewer I can add ability to connect over wan and they dont neeed to do anything except update software as needed and easy process so like I said if there a way to patch like I did before and thing were working great I can keep my machine patched and add to others as needed. Then I can un-patch system easy if needed or make my own backup file before patching.

17. anti-t

anti-t MDL Junior Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Hi,

I'm trying make this works but so far, it doesn't do anything : if I try to connect to rdp from another computer on my network, the local session close. I can't run any concurrent sessions

Also, rdpcheck.exe report that my client client doesn't support loopback connections. I've tried this on 2 different pc, one win7 x86 ultimate and one win7 x64 enterprise (termsrv.dll 6.1.7601.22750)

am I missing something ?

ok. I've just found that I need to log in with another user in order to create a concurrent session !