RDP Wrapper Library (works with Home/Core SKUs)

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by binarymaster, Jul 26, 2014.

1. binarymaster

binarymaster MDL Member

Jul 11, 2014
    If your termsrv version is fully supported, then sessions will be unlimited.

How to check this:
    1. The installer will show this text:
    2. All fully supported versions are listed in:
    - README.md
    - rdpwrap.dpr (if "extended patch" presents, then you can use unlimited sessions)
    - RDPWrap.cpp (the same)
    3. Just install and try to create more than 2 sessions :biggrin:

2. fireup6

fireup6 MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2014
    You're missing one important part. Teamviewer uses the desktop of the user who ran team viewer. So they can see your mouse move and everything you do. With RDP and a patch, you can administer a computer while the user is using it without the user seeing anything that you do. This is a big plus.

@binarymaster I've ran this on quite a few machines, and it failed for the first time recently. I believe it was on a Vista 32-bit machine. RDP wrapper seemed to install correctly, but when i tried to remote desktop in two things happened:
    1) The main user connected got kicked off
    2) I got to the remote "user account" selection screen, but after entering the credentials i got a black screen and then i lost connection.

This is after setting the correct registry key:
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server", "fSingleSessionPerUser", 0,

No idea what happened and i don't have any more information.

3. binarymaster

binarymaster MDL Member

Jul 11, 2014
    @fireup6
    This can happen, because the support for some Vista updates are not implemented yet. You can see in the rdpwrap.dpr source code strings [todo] - that means these versions are supported partially.

BTW, I'm already working on adding support for the new large update KB3000850. :yes:

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  5. fireup6

fireup6 MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2014
    Awesome! Thanks for all the work. If i find another unsupported system I'll be sure to to provide the full systeminfo.exe dump, which i think contains all the needed information about the OS (Update...etc).

6. anarki2

anarki2 MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2014
    Hello, thanks for this app, but for me it doesn't work yet, still 2 sessions. OS is Windows Server 2012 R2 with the latest patches installed. Installer output:

I guess it's because of KB3000850, but I really don't know coz this is the 1st time I'm trying to use rdpwrap. Nevertheless, my DLL's attached.

7. asulwer

asulwer MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2014
    new dude

so i am new here! i would like to contribute to this code. main question is how are you getting the data that goes into the ini file? if i knew where that came from or how you get that info then i could support the version of my OS. You made comments that you are looking into my version on github.

from github
    6.3.9600.17415 (Windows 8.1 with KB3000850) [!todo]

which happens to be my version.

also most of your code is delphi and i have no delphi compiler. i would like to add projects that are supported by VS and not partial VS and the rest in the Delphi compiler your using. i can add all of this to github when i get a version that works for my system.

so how do i add my version to the ini file? also supporting the ini file in the vs project should not be a big deal either. i can add support if you like

8. binarymaster

binarymaster MDL Member

Jul 11, 2014
    This INI file - is a new feature which will be available in the next release.

INI parser and code for Delphi version is already fully functional. Now I'm waiting for my colleague friend to port this code to C++ project, this will take some time.

But if somebody can do this faster - you are welcome!
    1) Fork the repository
    2) Make changes to the C++ version so it will support loading and using INI file
    3) Then make pull request to my repository
    4) I will check the code and if it meets the requirements of project, I'll merge it with master branch

To add versions to INI file, I use IDA Pro. It helps to find appropriate code offsets and values.

9. binarymaster

binarymaster MDL Member

Jul 11, 2014
    @anarki2
    Thanks, I already have termsrv.dll binaries for this version.

@asulwer
    RDP Wrapper binaries are not updated now, so changing INI file will not help.
    First of all I need INI functions to be ported to C++ project. :eek:
    So I'll be able to build new versions which will support INI files, and then I'll make a new release.

If you want to help with porting the code, read my previous post. :biggrin:

10. asulwer

asulwer MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2014
    so the delphi code works and just needs to be ported to c++? porting should be no problem. i understand the delphi enough to make the conversion. its really just adding the ini file reading capabilities. the problem i will encounter is the use of ida pro, i think i have ida pro free, where am i looking? are you looking in termsvr.dll to add versions to the ini file?

11. sonic9

sonic9 MDL Member

Aug 4, 2009
    thanks for your job, VERY nice rdpconf !

12. bartolengue

bartolengue MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2014
    Hi! Any news regarding the 9879 build update?

13. binarymaster

binarymaster MDL Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Hello. See my posts #108, #109 and #111.

When this feature will be implemented, I'll simply add support for 9879 build into INI file.

14. fireup6

fireup6 MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2014
    This is one of the machines where RDPW did not seem to work. It could be a problem on my end since I'm doing all this remotely, but it has been working on other machines, just not this one. Please let me know if for some reason this OS isn't supported. Thanks :D

15. gamma577

gamma577 MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2014
    Thanks!

Thank you binarymaster for an efficient and clean tool. First run didn't install properly on win 8.1 machine. Got 1056 errors. So uninstalled and reinstalled. Then it worked great! :) So tried on win vista home premium. That too worked perfect.

-Gamma

16. binarymaster

binarymaster MDL Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Too many information though it tells me nothing. Tell me your termsrv.dll version ;)

1056 isn't actually an error, it can be simply ignored. Because some services are restarted automatically by SCM. I'll fix this issue in the next release.

17. fernandoroberto80

fernandoroberto80 MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2014
    Hi, after install KB3000850 (Windows 8.1 Basic) RDPW stop to work.

termsrv.dll version: 6.3.9600.17415

18. binarymaster

binarymaster MDL Member

Jul 11, 2014
    I know that, see technical.txt

It's required to implement INI file support for C++ version of RDP Wrapper, so I need some help of developers. I already implemented these functions in Delphi x86 version.

19. asulwer

asulwer MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2014
    i think i have a version of the c++ code modified to support the ini file. i am not sure how to send it to you. i will try attaching the code as a zip file to this message for you to look over. View attachment 32446