Rearm Wizard - The Premier Rearm Solution for Windows 7 and Office 2013

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by timesurfer, Mar 27, 2013.

1. SONY007

SONY007 MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2013
    Cheers for getting back Time'r. OK just so I'm clear on this and what your saying because I didn't really want to do a fresh install as I would loss stuff which is basically all over the place on my laptop. At the moment office 2010 is working but it has the red bar at the top of the office apps, also I have tonnes of emails that I really want to save, I know there is a way to save all this stuff if I had no other alternative but I was hoping I could somehow use a 'FIX' to resolve the office activation message. Also I don't have my DELL M1730 boot disk to try your initial method.

Also using office 2013 in your initial explanation, would that upgrade my office 2010 and keep the emails or erase them?

Thanks for your help.

2. SONY007

SONY007 MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2013
    When I use that program I get: 'error 0xC004FO74. There is no running local KMS found on your computer' yeah I tried most options yesterday with no luck.

3. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    I said repair install which coming from Vista is Upgrade which keeps files/settings!

Just follow the Details and Links and ISO Installation Basics and you'll have W7 upgrade and new office 2013

@Note this is a rearm concept thread not KMS, :eek: I was just trying to help you get going if cody's tool did work to activate you cause it gives 1 rearm thus IORRT can be used and for office 2013 I believe rearm concept (IORRT) works flawlessly with 0% troubleshooting and same usage and appearance as if activated

1. Unistall Office 2010
    2. W7 upgrade
    3. Install Office 2013
    4. Install IORRT

Isn't Outlook an sign up on web thing hence it keeps your files online and sync's with Outlook?
    Even still with upgrade all programs/files/settings stay as we're previously so your good to go :)

4. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    I think I can just do a silently run %SystemDrive%\Rearm\IR6\CheckMsg.bat file that at startup checks how many days have past since installation date

If not past 30 days, exits

If past 30 days, does rearm/recreate task and resets the date/time that 30 next check is based off

If past 30 days, can't rearm, deletes IR6/Hybrid tasks and CheckMsg.batCheckMsg.bat and gives message

This CheckMsg.bat file triggered by Hybrid2 task is install prior to IR6 installation and rebooting into (RE) :shisha:

In wanting one folder called Rearm that IORRT/IR6 folders/files reside, I'll have to do checks when installing IORRT/IR6 before or after eachother being installed/uninstalled

5. jaydoza

jaydoza MDL Member

May 28, 2012
    can your tool activate adobe cs6 mc?

6. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    I'm sorry JD but I quit supporting the testing of Adobe products for later purchase

As my thread title should say I only support the testing of MS W7/Office 2013 hence

"Duality 420 - The Official Rearm Solution for Windows 7 and Office 2013"

:shisha:

7. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    Well I did my rearm service and it is testing working lol :p

8. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #89 timesurfer, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
  9. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #90 CODYQX4, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019

10. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Couple things:

1. This is a secondary Hybrid2 onstart task check that is to only work if we're past the IR5 30 day task date/time to run
    2. We already know that we can't delete the WPA key in windows yet and they only need to be informed of needing to re-install IR5
    3. If we use my date concept for Check.bat then your "checks all licenses using WMI (they are in minutes but easily converted to days with simple math)" idea might help with regional date formatting problems since it could convert everything to minutes and so math to determine if to take action, not or give message to re-install IR6

I wish I was better at looking at the registry cause when windows gives, non-genuine nags and watermark there's got to be a registry setting somewhere? This query of if in or out of notifications is what would perfect IR5 users not ever having to manually rearm upon starting windows and finding non-genuine nags and watermark :mad:...lol After accomplishing that the only thing left to do with IR6 would be create registry entry that would restore desktop picture after startup task triggers Check.bat and determines if in notifications and rearms? If past 30 days then if can rearm puts desktop background img ;)

IR6 perfected

User is past IR5 task date to rearm cause computer was off so IR5 task did not run, then Check.bat run at startup br Hybrid2 task does checks if in notifications and if so rearms and exits, if can't rearm gives console msg to re-install IR5 and also restores desktop background then the W7 rearm concept would be as perfect as it could be without deleting WPA key inside windows

p.s. Can user put desktop background to picture from black background prior to rearming/activating? I forget?

11. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    You can set it manually, but after a while the OS will set it back to solid black (unless the state is now Genuine, ofc).

12. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Thanks I forgot? So if I can backup the desktop background registry entry then if at start up task check I have to rearm cause IR5 task was missed, I can restore that and if I can't rearm then restore it too, if less than 30 days don't restore it

13. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Well, then forget Vista. It slightly deserves it. :p

14. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    This testing was done 3 years ago and I wouldn't support Vista anyway cause W7 is all you need and I believe the current favorite OS

15. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    As it turns out we may be losing all 3 tasks IR5/IORRT/Hybrid in exchange for a service that for IR6 rearms every 30 days and also checks at startup if missed 30 day rearm, then reams, if can't rearm gives box message to re-install IR6

For IORRT same backup and IORRT.bat will be installed in system drive but service will run IORRT.bat at start/daily

Wow no more tasks :eek:

Time will tell :smoking:

Thinking how to back up background/theme and restore if onstart service check detects if past 30 day rearm schedule?

Could put background/theme backup in common Rearm folder that IORRT stuff sits in then restore if past 30 day rearm schedule! So one common rearm folder in system drive

:shisha: