Rearm Wizard - The Premier Rearm Solution for Windows 7 and Office 2013

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by timesurfer, Mar 27, 2013.

1. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  2. SkyKing

SkyKing MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2014
    Sort of similar situation: installed IR7, all seemed fine and today when I booted I got an error message that stated that widows needs to be reinstalled due to some files being tampered with etc. I thought it was working fine for about a month and now this popped up. I assume that I need to repair install and start over with IR7.
    Thanks

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  4. mcgyver83

mcgyver83 MDL Novice

May 30, 2010
    I tried...I miss the warning that says to restore "Users" folder to c:\Users if it was changed before running repair...
    so now I have a new fresh windows to deal with... :mad:
    My fault :(

5. ferroman244

ferroman244 MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2014
    Hi,

I'm a newbie for sure.

I've read this thread from beginning to end, but I don't understand how to create or install the listed code. Further, some posts say to got to another post and use it for certain topics under discussion. It seemed to me that changes to the Final final were still being discussed. It's difficult for me to follow, and I certainly don't know how to implement it.

Is there an Install file that does it all or is there a step by step process a newbie could follow?

Thanks.

6. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    The download link in the first post is what you should get. There is one command script inside (.cmd) you have to start with Admin rights. Everything else is menu driven.

7. Jason2014

Jason2014 MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2014
    I'm running windows 8.1, and I installed OFFICE 2010 WORD X64 (for free).

Then I got IORRT 3.5 and it installed okay.

But I see no way to tell if it is working, except after 30 days go by. And then if WORD still works and I don't get nagged with red banner or whatever, then that means IORTT is working. Is that right?

Anyway, can anyone tell me if IORRT 3.5 works with Windows 8.1? (should be backward compatible with Windows 7 software?)

And if not, can you recommend something else? Preferably something that allows me to download updates from Microsoft, that's what I liked about IORRT.

Thanks.

8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    IORRT only works on Office 2013 which is installed under Windows 7.

9. hdmdl

hdmdl MDL Junior Member

Aug 9, 2014
    What happens in IR7 if a scheduled task is missed? Does my pc need to be on at the scheduled time?

10. jujubeans

jujubeans MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2014
    Wondering what services I need to get Rearm Wizard working properly in Windows 7 Ultimate and Office 2013? I found that Server service needs to run, otherwise Rearm Wizard cmd window is blank. Any others I need to re enable?

List of services disabled:

ActiveX Installer (AxInstSV)
    BitLocker Drive Encryption Service
    Computer Browser
    Distributed Link Tracking Client
    Function Discovery Provider Host
    Function Discovery Resource Publication
    HomeGroup Listener
    HomeGroup Provider
    Offline Files
    Remote Desktop Configuration
    Remote Desktop Services
    Remote Desktop Services UserMode Port Redirector
    Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator
    Remote Registry
    Server
    SSDP Discovery
    Superfetch
    TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
    UPnP Device Host
    Windows Error Reporting Service
    Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service
    Windows Search
    Workstation

11. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #1433 CODYQX4, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019

12. jujubeans

jujubeans MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2014
    Seems to be stuck at Installing IR7... View attachment 30407 screen for few minutes, so I closed it. Tried to install again, it said already installed. Uninstalled worked. Install, stuck at installing screen again. Checked System says 3 days left. Office 2013 works.

edit: guess I'll have to try testing all the disabled services one by one later.

13. Gothiclizard

Gothiclizard MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2014
    YOU BAASTERD!!! YOU BROKE MY PC!! this bach of yourse! i have been tricked of thinking this whose a batch snake game for funnsies then when i lunched your batch... my sound my windows.... when i relised whot your bach where doing, it whos to late. even my CMD.exe whot work any more. i right now working on my pc without shuting it dow cuz if i do it will never work egane!. i hope you can healp me. revers my pc to its preveus version before your batch cracked it :mad:.
    cus i surtenly can not reverse it. the cmd is broken and my restore point is a year old....

14. jujubeans

jujubeans MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2014
    Working now. Tried on a few previous backups, a clean install and looks like only Server is needed. The OS before was corrupted by blue screens from overclock testing, screwed up BCD editing etc.

How do I automatically have a service set to enabled>start service, when Rearm Wizard starts? Then stop service and have it disabled?

15. hdmdl

hdmdl MDL Junior Member

Aug 9, 2014
    I tried the code IR7 for windows 7 and when I use microsoft toolkit to check license of windows 7 status I get:

License Status: Grace Period
    Error Code: 0x4004F00C
    Error Text: The Software Licensing Service reported that the application is running within the valid grace period.

Is this normal? What is that error code?

16. Hyram

Hyram MDL Junior Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Inquiry, Captain:
    1) How do you install and use it? Do I just run it once from anywhere (eg the desktop) and it installs and I never have to worry about it again? Or is there more magic involved that this?
    2) Will it work with Office 2010? I'm trying to keep the install as small as possible for VM usage and 2013 is a bloated dogcow.

Ta!