Rearm Wizard - The Premier Rearm Solution for Windows 7 and Office 2013

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by timesurfer, Mar 27, 2013.

1. billox

billox MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2010
    #1521 billox, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    Hi, Enthousiast.
    Sorry, my English isn't good, and I think I didn't understand very well.

Maybe do you intend that I should use a kms emulator, as KMSPico?

2. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    #1522 Carlos Detweiller, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    If the Windows 7 is in perpetual grace, you can upgrade to Windows 10, but there are issues:
    1. Windows 10 does not know any OOBE grace (initial 30 days in Genuine mode), you will be in Notification mode right away (=non-activated with all its restrictions, mostly personalization and watermark). This tool is does not work for Windows 8 and beyond.
    2. Windows 10 will not be activated by a digital license/entitlement/Store license. That's because a Windows 7 in trial does not allow for a free HwID.

Using Windows Loader (all Win7 SKUs except Enterprise) or a KMS solution like KMS_VL_ALL (only Pro or Enterprise, note that KMSPico and MTK are dead and buried)* will truly activate Windows 7, and Windows 10 will keep the activation after upgrade. Note that activation is hardware-bound.

Edit: See post below for KMS-activated Windows.

3. billox

billox MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2010
    Thanks, Carlos. Now all is clear! :cool:

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    10 Pro won't get a HWID from a KMS activated win 7 and for enterprise neither, the KMS activation will keep.

For 7 Pro KMS activated there needs a specific upgrade step, first upgrading to 10586, before upgrading to the current builds.

5. Carlos Detweiller

Dec 21, 2012
    Sorry, it's hard to remember all these special requirements. But, if you use KMS, why should you stop? KMS works on any Windows 10.

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The HWID is a free gift for the life of the hardware for upgraders :)

ps, he/she never told us what sku he/she is running, only a hint with mentioning the loader.

7. billox

billox MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2010
    #1527 billox, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    Hi,
    a friend of mine has Win7 with the old Trilogy (IR5+IORRT for Office 2010).

He would like to install IR7 (Rearm Wizard) but without unistall Office 2010.

So I tried to uninstall the old IR5 but not the old IORRT and then install the newer Rearm Wizard.
    But when we tried to install it (as admin, I know), a black empty Dos window appeared with only the flashing cursor and stuck.

Maybe Rearm Wizard can't be installed if there is the old IORRT still present?

I installed Rearm Wizard many times in different "just installed" Win7 systems and I never had any problem so far.

8. billox

billox MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2010
    I don't know why, but I found that if I change the code from:

Code:
    CLS=new ActiveXObject("Shell.Application").ShellExecute("\""+WScript.ScriptFullName+"\"","","","runas",1);/*&Echo off&title
    Rearm Wizard&NET FILE>NUL 2>&1||(CSCRIPT //B //E:JSCRIPT %0&EXIT /B)
    @echo off
    cls

to...
    Code:
    @echo off
    cls
    mode con: cols=50 lines=12
    >nul 2>&1 "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\cacls.exe" "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\config\system"
    if '%errorlevel%' NEQ '0' (
    echo Requesting administrative privileges...
    goto UACPrompt
    ) else ( goto gotAdmin )
    :UACPrompt
    echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) > "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    set params = %*:"=""
    echo UAC.ShellExecute "%~s0", "%params%", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    exit /B
    :gotAdmin
    if exist "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" ( del "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" )
    pushd "%CD%"

the windows prompt opens regulary and all is ok.
    The funny thing is I have others three Win7 systems and the above lines work well. :hmm:

9. insightful

insightful MDL Novice

Apr 14, 2021
    #1529 insightful, May 7, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
    I've always had problems with IR7 reactivation (safe mode / no safe mode? it's weird how it sometimes worked and sometimes didnt)
    This time something went wrong and Windows somehow had lost its product key, IR7 wouldnt work.

If you click Properties on My computer, there wont be a key. You need to find any key online (matching your distribution) and then enter it for the trial activation. Seemed to work for me, waiting for 30d to expire now. Thanks everyone

Update 2022:
    Code:
    :: in CMD "install product key"
    slmgr /ipk <KEY FOR YOUR EDITION>"
    :: Now wait. It took my PC 10s before a new window appeared to say that the key was installed successfully.
    :: Then the message in bottom right disappeared

10. bw4518

bw4518 MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2020
    I gather this is the best solution for activation/trial reset of my Home Premium N ? Download link seems dead.

11. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @bw4518

You should be able to copy the source code from the first post and paste it in a text file. Then rename the *.txt extension to *.bat to get started.

Nonetheless, it would be better if you move to the regular non-N edition and/or shift to a higher SKU by performing an in-place upgrade for better scope of activation.

12. Carlos Detweiller

Dec 21, 2012
    You don't need the download at all. Just copy everything in the Code box and save it as "Rearm Wizard.cmd".

Edit: @Tito beat me. Attached the download regardless.

Attached Files:

13. Carlos Detweiller

Dec 21, 2012
    Checked it in a Windows 7 Home Premium N VM, it works. Got 5 rearms left (2 more than you have after install).