Receving a FREE upgrade of Windows 7 from the manufacture.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by darkhack, Aug 17, 2009.

1. darkhack

darkhack MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2009
    I have a SONY VAIO VGN-Z540N which I bought this past January of 2009 and it hasn't been a year yet. So this would mean that I have a few more month left of warranty on my laptop.

I just recently email SONY about my concern about the driver support for Windows 7 and for 64 bit Windows 7 version. I also asked SONY if there is a possibility of a discount for Windows 7 upgrade when it releases on October 22, and this morning I received an email from SONY stating that there might be a FREE upgrade disc when Windows 7 is release for certain model.

It will be a few month till I can get more information from SONY if they are giving out a FREE Windows 7 upgrade disc for certain model when it releases. Until then, I'll just have to kill time...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BlueZ

BlueZ MDL Novice

Jun 12, 2009
    Thanks for taking the time to share this experience.
    It got me thinking...

I'll ask Acer for special considerations.

After all, i purchased my Acer laptop just 15 days before the official dates for free upgrades on new machine.

3. darkhack

darkhack MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2009
    To those who recently purchase a new system with a warranty should think about emailing the manufacture on Windows 7, to see if they can give a discount or possibly provide a FREE upgrade disc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Dissonance

Dissonance MDL Junior Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I highly doubt any of the major companies will unless it was included in the sale. Still, I hope I'm wrong. It would be nice to have win 7 legit (I bought my computer December of last year).