Recommend image making back up software for me

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ezhik, Jan 4, 2009.

1. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You obviously have a lot of data but after first initial backup you should have used incremental backup.

2. Senakareb

Senakareb MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2009
    #22 Senakareb, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
    Hi

I see from this thread that a lot of you are using Acronis. I would not... Hop over to their support forums and see just how buggy that software is and read some of the horror stories posted. I once upon a time thought Acronis was the best. Through bitter experience I found out the hard way about Acronis. Again check Acronis support forums before employing this Back up software.

I use Norton Ghost or O-O because they do exctly what they are supposed to do, and no problems.

Cheers

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    yes i have read Acronis forums but personally i have never had any bother at all i do however think it is quite bloated now compaired to years ago when it was just a basic backup program.

4. ioniancat21

ioniancat21 MDL Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Surprising info..........

I second the idea of using Windows Backup and Recovery tool as it's included with Vista Ultimate and won't cost you additional money. If your looking for something more robust, products like True Image and Ghost will most likely be your options.

What I do find surprising is that there are many who suggest Acronis True Image, which I found to be a very unreliable product and not satisfactory for my tastes, although I'm talking about their corporate product line and not their Home Editions which I never used.