Recommended Software?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by SiR, Aug 27, 2010.

1. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    This program is not free and that key just enables 30 day trial.

2. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    I have been using convert x to dvd for burning avi/mkv etc from TPB alongwith subtitles. Great program, but is it really the best.

I see that some 700 MB avi files get converted into a 3 GB iso, while some 2.2-2.5 GB avi, etc files also end up as a 3 GB or even less iso. What is this?? Totally unpredictable as to the final iso size. I use convert x to dvd to burn to dvd, and then dvd shrink to convert the film folder into an iso for storage

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    When you have converted in convertxtodvd you can burn to dvd or burn as ISO file to a folder, also your question about avi files 700mb one will be xvid i,e, compressed where as 2.2-2.5 GB avi are not compressed. So no need for dvd shrink.

4. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    I use dvd shrink mainly to make an iso image. Convert x to dvd also can make an image file and also burn to dvd but not both at the same time. The choice is to make an image or burn to dvd. So I burn to dvd, and the folder that is made is converted to iso using dvdshrink.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You are still not getting it load your converted dvd folder into convertxtodvd and select burn to iso you could never do both at the same time even using the two programs because both would be accessing files at the same time.

6. oscarsp

oscarsp MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2010
    ZenOK Online Backup
    CCleaner
    RocketDock
    VLC Media Player
    Winamp
    YouTube Download Manager
    Mozilla Firefox

7. Mariane1

Mariane1 MDL Novice