Recovering bios on a toshiba qosmio

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by hugox30, Sep 7, 2011.

1. drewbug

drewbug MDL Member

Aug 15, 2010
    If you can get a hold of a compatible hardware BIOS flasher, I believe you'll have a high chance of recovery. I've never done it myself, but I've heard fantastic success stories.

2. conghoaxa1

conghoaxa1 MDL BIOS/EFI Modifier

Oct 30, 2009
    you can reload the bios, in Vietnam have to pay 10$. :confused:

3. hugox30

hugox30 MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2011
    #23 hugox30, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
    (OP)
    I don't think recovering the bios will work on this motherboard, i mean the problem to begin with was acpi issues.
    and i also found out that the integrated nvidia chip is a eng sample, that explains all the bios options it had i think this motherboard was only used to test the nvidia chip with a special os for debugging. I don't want to spend anymore money on this board ill just wait if the motherboards get cheap or if i find a good deal.

They made many different versions of this computer model and there are many different motherboard types and the reason this motherboard is expensive is because the graphics card is a 9800M GTS SLI and the connector is different from the other versions so the card only works with this version of the motherboard.

But i have 1 question what do you guys think this computer is worth in fully functioning order
    the specs are

core 2 duo p8600 2.4GHZ
    4GB DDR3 1066
    9800M GTS SLI 1GB
    500GB HDD 2X 250GB
    17in screen in mint condition

I am just curious if it is worthy of a new motherboard thanks.

4. snakegod

snakegod MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2011
    Dell laptop bios can recover .. If not please guide me ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. hugox30

hugox30 MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2011
    OK i got this thing to work i bought a new motherboard for a real good price and i am posting from it:biggrin:

the only thing that worry's me is if it breaks again like the original motherboard. I sold the original motherboard on eBay it did not even power up just the lights would slowly start to get brighter
    but i just got a message from the buyer that he fixed it. He said that the bios was corrupted??? and he re flashed the chip with a flasher. How would it get a corrupt bios when i never did anything to the bios on that motherboard it was working fine and i just shut it down and the next day it was broken??? Is it possible to get a bad bios out of no ware.

1 thing is the gpu's would overheat on that motherboard because of the crappy thermal paste. Can heat corrupt the bios code??

6. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    Dont really understand your question.
    In your first post you mention updating the bios. If the incorrect bios was used or the update got corrupted then the bios would become corrupt.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. hugox30

hugox30 MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2011
    By original motherboard i mean the first one it had the one i was talking about in the first post is a motherboard i bought because the original one broke for no reason. But the motherboard i bought to replace the broken one did not want to install any os it just gave me blue screens and errors in linux so i got the advice here to update the bios then that one died so i went and bought the current one and it all works now.

I sold the original motherboard on ebay and the guy that bought it said it had a corrupt bios and my question was how can a computer get a corrupt bios for no reason
    on the original motherboard i never messed with the bios. Sorry for the confusion