Recovery Bios Phoenix Of Toshiba Satellite A350D-10s (PSALME)

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by oleh_, Apr 12, 2014.

1. oleh_

oleh_ MDL Novice

Apr 12, 2014
    #1 oleh_, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
    [English]

Hello everyone, I state that I am using "google translator" because my English is not the best so I apologize for the errors.
    I have a "Toshiba Satellite A350D-10s Psalme" and when I was trying to update the bios the system is' locked, forcing me to perform a forced reboot and the bios so I damaged it when I try to start the computer the screen stays black.
    I've got a floppy disk and a USB adapter to try to perform a restore Crisis Disk Recovery; by starting the computer by using the combination of the fn-b floppy adapter starts blinking for 2/3 minutes and then stop, I assumed that he had solved but unfortunately even after 20 minutes the notebook is restarted and the situation remains unchanged even following the unplug of the AC.
    Where could I have been wrong in your opinion?
    The latest version of the bios is 1.80 and I have tried about 15 different versions of phlash16 but nothing to do.

[Italian]

Buonasera;
    Possiedo un "Toshiba Satellite A350D-10s PSALME" e quando stavo provando ad aggiornare il bios il sistema si è' bloccato, costringendomi a effettuare un riavvio forzato e così ho danneggiato il bios infatti quando provo ad avviare il computer lo schermo rimane nero.
    Mi sono procurato dei floppy disk e un adattatore usb per provare ad effettuare un ripristino tramite Crisis Disk Recovery; avviando il computer tramite la combinazione dei tasti fn-b l'adattatore floppy inizia a lampeggiare per 2/3 minuti per poi fermarsi, ho supposto di aver risolto ma pur troppo anche dopo 20 minuti il notebook non si riavvia e la situazione rimane invariata anche in seguito allo staccamento della corrente.
    Dove potrei aver sbagliato secondo voi?
    L'ultima versione del bios è la 1.80 e ho provato con circa 15 versioni diverse di phlash16 ma nulla da fare.

2. oleh_

oleh_ MDL Novice

Apr 12, 2014
    can anyone recommend something?
    Please

3. oleh_

oleh_ MDL Novice

Apr 12, 2014
    No one have an idea how try to solve this problem? :(:worthy::worthy:

4. simir

simir MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    Una soluzione per te

Ciao, ecco una soluzione :)

The method is as follow :
    1-Extract the rar file, you will have a folder named crisdisk.
    2-Download the bios flash rom file, and rename it to BIOS.WPH, the put it in the crisdiks folder , beside WINCRIS.EXE.
    3-Insert your usb drive , it’s better to have one with less than 2Gb, and open WINCRIS.EXE , choose ‘’Removable ‘’ in Disk format, thenk click on
    ‘start’.

4-Now, in your dead Laptop, remove the battery , CD or DVD rom, any card, unplug it from the AC source , and put in the usb drive.
    5-You must put your laptop in Crisis Recovery Mode, by Holding down: Fn+B and while holding, plug the computer in to power and press the power button.
    Some Toshiba require you to hold f12 while pressng power button.
    6-You should see the usb drive LED blinking for a while, then it stops ! wait for 2 or 3 min until the CPU Fan noise stops.
    7-Unplug the power , and boot yor laptop, it’s alive ! eh voilà

5. simir

simir MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    If this does not work then replace the bios chip

6. simir

simir MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    Crisis Bios Recovery trying to fiind link for software

7. simir

simir MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    I will the for you

8. simir

simir MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    , but one version is the right one : 1.0.0.4, it is able to creat a usb recovery drive !

9. oleh_

oleh_ MDL Novice

Apr 12, 2014
    Hi, in the first time i thank you for having responded to me trying to help me.
    I tried several times with this method but after the situation is the same.
    To start my toshiba in recovery mod I need only hold fn+b without f12.
    I found a similar laptop to my: satellite a355d-s6930 and i found the bios of this notebook from the first version tkae110a.rom to the last tkae180a.rom.
    The name of the bios is the same of my a350d-10s but for the a355d-s6930 (here: support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=2231465) there are tools made to create a floppy to flash those bios and i tried also this tools but nothing to do...what else you can advise me please?

10. oleh_

oleh_ MDL Novice

Apr 12, 2014
    [ENGLISH]

I managed to unlock something:
    the screen remains black as ever BUT the LEDs light up for a second and then goes off; remains on the light button on / off wifi and the green light on the keyboard which indicates the control under the cursor button f10 ..
    For the rest is all the same.
    How did I come to this result?
    In phlash.log left over from the bad flash I noticed that winphlash loaded a bios other than the usual tkae180a.rom, loaded the swae100a.rom ... so I found online the notebook belongs to this bios (toshiba satellite L500D) and l 'I flashed as usual over wincris and a 1GB uSB key the bios swae120a.rom (later also to try to solve the problem also swae150a.rom) ... after 4 minutes that the light of the memory stick has stopped flashing the notebook is off by itself and while turning I noticed this BIG change ... what do you think?
    It may be useful to you to UPload the phlash.log?

[ITALIAN]

sono riuscito a sbloccare qualcosa:
    lo schermo resta nero come sempre MA i led si accendono per un secondo per poi spegnersi; resta accesa la luce del pulsante on/off wifi e la lucetta verde sulla tastiera che indica il controllo cursore sotto il bottone f10..
    Per il resto è tutto invariato.
    Come sono giunto a tale risultato?
    Nel phlash.log rimasto dal cattivo flash ho notato che winphlash caricava un bios diverso dal solito tkae180a.rom, caricava il swae100a.rom...così ho trovato in rete il notebook a cui appartiene questo bios (toshiba satellite l500d) e l'ho flashato come al solito tramite wincris e una pennetta usb 1gb il bios swae120a.rom (in seguito anche per provare a risolvere il problema anche la swae150a.rom)...dopo 4 minuti che la luce della pennetta ha smesso di lampeggiare il notebook si è spento da solo e durante l'accensione ho notato questo GRANDE cambiamento...cosa ne pensi?
    Potrebbe essere utile caricare il phlash.log?

11. oleh_

oleh_ MDL Novice

Apr 12, 2014
    other curiosity: which Windows is best to use with wincris?
    win98 SE, XP SP3, Vista or 7?