recovry inage for triple boot

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by jizes, Dec 25, 2014.

1. jizes

jizes MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2012
    hi
    i want to install win xp then windows 8.1 then windows 7 (3 boots) on 3 different partitions
    what im asking is:after i do that then i make the recobery image (with win 7 os) will it restore my machin as it is ?
    i mean will is restore all the os i installed .
    (i wrote win xp then win 8.1 then win7 at this order becose win 7 boot screen is better than win 8.xx and i know for a fact that win 7 boot manager take over win8.xx even that win 8.xx is newer os version)
    so will it restore all my os with the boot screen or will it mess up my whole pc?
    thx.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    #3 Mutagen, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
    I agree with pisthai that a 3rd party app. is probably the best way to achieve 100% image reliability. I prefer Acronis and have used Paragon as well. I have a quad boot 240GB SSD with four primary partitions running XP, Vista, 7 & 8. I always make a full image of everything - no incremental or differential stuff. Takes a little longer, but this approach has yet to let me down.

Forgot to mention this: I always run the backup/restore from a USB flash drive. I'm old school and don't care for the "live" method.

4. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Search here & use Ghost

5. Leslie_Coffelt

Leslie_Coffelt MDL Member

Feb 6, 2014
    No matter which program you use, be sure to test it by restoring the image to a different drive. Nothing worse than the pit-in-your-stomach feeling when you realize something went wrong, there is no other recovery and you have to start over. Most folks need this experience only one time to get serious about backups. I know I did.