reduce the footprint, fresh install 7 sp1 u

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by stayboogy, Jul 1, 2011.

1. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    just out of pure curiosity i went ahead and did another fresh clean install of 7 using the sp1 u image and i must say that only having to download 50 updates and having only 8gb used from home premium i'm pretty happy. saved me about 5 to 6gb of space from the overgrown winsxs folder of a 7 rtm install plus updates.

other than having to set all my personal settings to my liking and reinstalling all my software it was worth it for how i use the space on one of my HDDs that's dedicated specifically to my OSes and their backup images. any extra space i can manage on 7's 30GB partition is worth the trouble here.

so if you need the space, i recommend it :cool:

2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Don;t worry give it a month or two usage. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. n9nu

n9nu MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2010
    Ah yes.........good ol windows 7

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Opus

Opus MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    yeah same old slow booting than fresh install. It builds such a lot of stuff no matter how well you manage it.