Registry or other hack to ALWAYS show Taskbar on top fullscreen applications?

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by protivakid, May 17, 2022.

1. protivakid

protivakid MDL Novice

Apr 22, 2019
    I was looking around but could not find an answer. I mostly found posts where users complained about the taskbar unwantedly staying on top when watching movies, playing games, etc.

What'd I'd like is for the taskbar to ALWAYS stay on top of all windows, and even apps that run in full screen mode. Is there a way to achieve this using a registry tweak or setting some other setting?

Thanks!

2. protivakid

protivakid MDL Novice

Apr 22, 2019
    Nothing?

3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    In all Windows releases so far, the taskbar is always on top of all other tables by default, and you can allow it to hide after a certain amount of time. Don't You really have it so?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. protivakid

protivakid MDL Novice

Apr 22, 2019
    When applications are in full screen mode (like a steam game) the taskbar is not shown. My request is to see it even there. Is this possible?

5. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    I think there is definitely a way, but at the moment I can't say how to get it there permanently visible. In fullscreen mode, this is generally not set to be visible..
    You can temporarily press Win Key + T or Win Key + B, then it appears.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
    Play Games in Windowed mode ? ;)

7. boe323

boe323 MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2011
    windowed bordered in games will do the trick, dont use full screen

8. protivakid

protivakid MDL Novice

Apr 22, 2019
    One of the applications does not support a window mode. Even adding -w to the executable shortcut does nothing. And tricks with windows to get this done?

9. Konde

Konde MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Ask the application developer, this isn't a windows issue.

10. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
    For example there had been "wrapper tools" back in the days...which application are you talking about then ?

11. protivakid

protivakid MDL Novice

Apr 22, 2019
    I understand this isn't a windows or microsoft problem, what I was asking is if there was a trick to force the taskbar to remain on top of absolutely everything on screen. From the lack of solutions I guess my answer is "no"